True Temperament fretting system

Interesting indeed... although to be honest, the 'usual' way - and therefore resultant tuning - doesn't bother me anyhow
thumbsup.gif

I think it is a cool idea indeed.....but, what about refretting and neck options etc.? Are you stuck by having them do the work/parts? I like the trem as well. Just a curious question is all....would be nice to try one out. I remember seeing Ola's vid on this noted above.

ola strandberg made an instrument for allan holdsworth with true temperament - http://strandbergguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/IMG_1479.jpg

not sure how it would handle wide vibrato, but allan uses "classical" along the neck vibrato, anyway...

I've had the opportunity to try the TT system on many occasions - it's the bomb! Vibrato is practically unaltered because the displacement is not much to start with. However, as far as intonation and tone goes - the instrument just sings. The overtones are much closer and really do bloom and help each other. I've tried acoustic guitars, a classical guitar and numerous electrics - all have been fabulous. The only downsides: non-reverseability, price and non-serviceability...

I remember seeing a video with Steve Vai experimenting or trying to develop something like this. Looks interesting.

I remember seeing a video with Steve Vai experimenting or trying to develop something like this. Looks interesting.

IIRC, Steve was really into this and was going to have all his guitars fitted with TT. Then all of a sudden, we don't see him using it anymore. Not sure what happened.

Back
Top Bottom