Truck Bed Liner Spray?

Big con could be having to take it all apart to spray it I’d say. Might need to prep it to get good adhesion as well

I’m thinking of wrapping mine in tweed and replacing the grill with a brown Fender grill cloth. Certainly won’t be more durable but maybe a bit cooler looking

Mine has like 1/4th” gap between the grill and the cabinet, but I don’t know how thick that stuff goes on. Could probably mask off the inner edge of you spray it if you don’t want to worry about fit

Potential changes in acoustics was one topic I wanted feedback about, but "Don't." was his complete response. I'm not complaining mind you. I'll take him at his word. Literally.

From the link above, Jay's recommendation:

"You need to first sand the edges of the damaged area so that the good paint tapers down to the exposed wood.
Next, apply wood filler to the damaged spot, allow it to completely dry, and sand the area to create a continuous surface. Use a sanding block and 100 or 120 grit sandpaper. This stage may require multiple repetitions, but don't stop until you've built up the spot to just shy of level with the surrounding area.

Then, apply paint. I recommend Dura-Tex, which is available here: https://www.parts-express.com/brand/acry-tech-coatings/608. You can apply it with a foam brush and tweak the texture to match the rest of the enclosure. You can sand the dried paint if needed and re-apply a texture coat."

Thanks for posting the above. I did read the threads you posted earlier, thanks. My neo doesn't have any damage at this time. I was just wondering how I could protect it ahead of time without the added weight and expense of a case. I also read a post from a guy that used Dura-Tex on several of his PA cabs. When he stacked them at an outdoor gig (weeks after painting them) they stuck together and he had to pry them apart. I just thought the truck liner would provide a stronger protective outer coat. Maybe I'll make a tough, soft case.

I think one of the keys to Dura-Tex is to prep correctly and use thin coats and sand in between...also, use the correct type of sponge roller. Here's a couple of good video:

Back
Top Bottom