TRS Cables: Where did you get yours?

Angled TRS connectors from Dale Audio (Cheap!)

NEUT-NYS208 Neutrik NYS208 1/4" TRS Phone Connector -Right Angled $1.32
With some Canare cable and some straight TRS connectors I had hanging around. works like a charm and was amazingly cheap.
DIY will cost you FAR less than pre-made solutions, and you can get them at the exact length needed so your cables are neatly aligned.

View attachment 6339

I went DIY with mine, but I also had a whole bunch of cabling to do for my rack. Neutrik NP3RX on both ends (right angle) and Canare cable (which I already had handy). Cables are cut to just the right length, and the right angle plug at the MFC side (as opposed to the way Patzag has it) means it keeps things a bit more compact for the inside of my pedalboard case.

DIY here. I use Switchcraft 236 right angle connectors at both ends and Canare L4E6S cable. The Neutrik X series plugs are a little more robust when it comes to strain relief, but they're also larger. In this case, I wanted something low-profile, and strain relief wasn't a big concern here since the cable will be lying on the ground and the right-angle plug will prevent any mishaps from stepping on the cord.

EDIT: I realize quad conductor is not needed, since there's no audio signal and corresponding interference here. I just like the cable, it's very robust and you never have a cable fail because a single conductor broke.

Last edited:
The Neutrik X series plugs are a little more robust when it comes to strain relief, but they're also larger.

Yeah, they're certainly not the smallest plugs around. Space wasn't really a problem for me, at least not after I decided three expression pedals was pointless and excessive for me, so I just went with what I could get my hands on easily. If I was a bit tighter for space on the board I definitely would have gone for something else.

redco.com

I did not (yet) order audio cables from them, but (a) their service is superb, (b) you can choose any bulk cable and/or connectors and have them build a custom cable for you, and (c) of course you can also build the cable yourself. Their web site is intuitive, it "builds" the cable for you and you see the price update as you change the options.

I ordered a custom midi cable from them (and some sleeving to build a snake) and the quality is VERY high.

(Edit: Chris Stubbs over at Redco Audio was extremely helpful)

+1 for redco.com

You can custom order any cable of any length, cable material, connectors. Reasonable prices and high-quality cables and they shipped just 1 day after my order!
I rebuilt and rewired my rig when I got my Axe-Fx II and custom ordered tons of different cables to minimize wire lengths.

Back
Top Bottom