Trouble with Behringer X32 connection

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
Does anyone else running the Behringer x32 have trouble with the iPad apps constantly "trying to connect"? Ours is not staying connected very well. I have a brand new linksys wireless N router. I believe it's an N300 model.

Even when we are within a few feet of the rack the iPad's keep going in and out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found when I am too close to the router, there are problems. To remedy this, I took the antennas off my Asus router and it works excellently within 2 to 20 feet, which is where I am when playing anyway.

Do you use a wireless for guitar? I recently switched my wireless because I did have issues with the Line 6 wireless specifically killing my wifi. I think the Shure unit scans for an available channel. The Line 6 will use whatever you set it to and disrupt whatever else is on that channel. We just did a show with another band where all the members were on 2.4Ghz wireless. It made the wifi completely unusable.

I did for a while put a wifi scanning app on my computer so that I could find out what channel the router was on, and then avoid using that channel with the wireless. That helps. Though you should know that the channel numbers on the wireless don't correspond to the actual wifi channel. The app did also help to show me when I was in a very crowded wifi area.

Are you broadcasting the SSID? Maybe try making it hidden and see if that goes away. Or change the SSID channel.

I have had problems with the airport express. I like it because of the airplay feature. I didn't want to, but adding a small 5 port switch fixed my issue. Seems to be known that particular device has negotiation issues with the Ethernet port...

I am using the new Shure wireless system. My other guitarist is using an AKg wireless. But we also have 6 in ear systems and 2 wireless mics.

Should I try changing the IP address of the router or x32?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Line 6 specifically interferes with wifi because it is on the same exact band. IP address won't affect anything related at all.

Try my suggestion. Or just try moving at least 30 feet from the router - does it work now?

Try positioning the router differently. Worse case a different router. I use a dlink, has three antennaes. No problems so far. It's velcroed onto the top of the x32 in the top of the rack.

If you are turning the new Shure system on after everything else is turned on, it should be finding a non-conflicting channel. I'm not sure how many of the other wireless units run on wifi frequencies. If they are using TV channels, then a direct frequency conflict is not an issue. I think though that having transmitters and/or receivers too close to each other could cause problems. Make sure the router isn't too close to a wireless transmitter, like for the in ears. I think that even though the channels may be different, you could have RF interference by having the transmitters themselves too close. I would have guitar wireless dropouts if my receiver was to close to the computer.

I experienced opposite problems last night. The X32 wifi signal killed my Line 6 wireless signal. Kept dinking with, and switching out my Line 6 pack, to no avail. I shut down the X32 app on my computer and the guitar rig started working. I have a line 6 wireless, shure mic, Sennheiser EW300, and the Wifi within a few feet from each other. Don't think it's going to fly.

I guess I can test it at a further distance but in the long run I'll never have the router 30 feet away or more when we play these tiny stages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I can test it at a further distance but in the long run I'll never have the router 30 feet away or more when we play these tiny stages.

That's exactly why I take the antenna off of mine.

Try it as a test.

Maybe at least getting it up higher, and at the same time a little further away. if it's actually mounted in the same rack as the other gear, then I can see the potential of having more issues with it. I've often thought about mounting the router to a mic stand and just extending it straight up in the air. Normally I have the computer and router on top of the rack.

I like Chris' idea. That's something I was never able to try, since I was using an Apple Base Station.

This is interested. My bass player and I both use line 6 g50 wireless and my singer has a wireless shure SM58. I am also using a carvin IEM.

Everything sits just under the x32 with the wireless router velcro attached to the outside of the rack.

It's been a year and a bit and many rehearsals and shows and not a single issue, so it's very strange you all seem to think it's the line 6.

This is interested. My bass player and I both use line 6 g50 wireless and my singer has a wireless shure SM58. I am also using a carvin IEM.

Everything sits just under the x32 with the wireless router velcro attached to the outside of the rack.

It's been a year and a bit and many rehearsals and shows and not a single issue, so it's very strange you all seem to think it's the line 6.

You may just have all of your line 6 units set to channels that don't interrupt with your router. I'd suggest not touching anything :)

My shure sometimes interferes with my router for my xrack. I just hit the scan button on the shure and all is well.

Back
Top Bottom