Trouble Shooting Yek's Patches ....

R.D.

Power User
Has anybody loaded up Yek's patches and run into trouble getting ANY sound ?

I've got them loaded and I can't get ANYTHING ... ? I've double checked my bypass modes, and they all seem to be "Thru" ....

I'm not running any pedals, so I thought it might be the Vol/Pan block, but when I switch it out for a shunt, still nothing ....

In fact, I've gone through and changed out each block individually for a shunt and still NOTHING ?

Kinda scratchin' my head on this one ?

THANKS ....

I think I had a problem with the Vol block also... I ended up running a branch to the output from each module tell I found out what it was.

BTW, is this R.D. from the JCF? I think I remember meeting you at NAMM a few years back.

-Nate

I think I had a problem with the Vol block also... I ended up running a branch to the output from each module tell I found out what it was.

BTW, is this R.D. from the JCF? I think I remember meeting you at NAMM a few years back.

-Nate

Nate ...,

I don't think I'm the same R.D., as I've never been to NAMM ( but I wish I was, 'cause everyone I talk to that's been, says it's life changing ;) )

I'll have to try routing shunts around that block and see what happens ! Thanks for the idea !

First of all thanks Yek! Your patches gave me some good ideas being a new Axer. I wasn't going to mention it but yes I had the same issue the latest version of them. I started cable bypassing blocks to find the culprit and it seems most or all of them aren't passing signal even though they're in bypass mode. The earlier version of them I just had to hit the Vol block level. I didn't spend much time on it though.

can someone please direct me to where i can find yek's patches for the axe 2?
i used a lot of his for the ultra and they were great starting points i thought
thanks

Weird...
Everything looks okay in Axe-Edit.
Not using user IRs (but that may depend on the version you downloaded).
All bypass modes set to Thru (except Amp).
Send and Return and all blocks pass signal.

Just the amp block is set to Mute. And it doesn't seem to be unlinked from the global amps (Axe-Edit bug?).

You guys are using the front input? Because I've turned down Input1 and Input2 in I/O but that shouldn't be part of the saved preset.

Weird...

Just the amp block is set to Mute. And it doesn't seem to be unlinked from the global amps (Axe-Edit bug?).

You guys are using the front input? Because I've turned down Input1 and Input2 in I/O but that shouldn't be part of the saved preset.

I just downloaded your latest version and I'll give them a try later ..., but I agree with everything you're sayin'

I've checked w/ Axe-Edit and by looking at the grid on the front of the Axe-II and everything looks to be connected. And yes ..., I confirmed that all of the individual blocks are marked thru .... I tried removing and replacing the send/return blocks, no joy ....

I haven't had time to look at the global settings, or my pedal ( or lack thereof ) calibration ..., but I see no reason why that would prevent sound from passing ?

It's funny because the Dr.Z patch seems fine, and when I look at that one compared to the others I don't see any discernable difference ?

Frankly, I'm stumped ....

Either way ..., THANKS for going back over them yourself, I DO appreciate that !

I think I know what it is.

I have a couple of global amp blocks. For one reason or another (probably a bug) Axe-Edit (when saving) links all amp blocks to a global spot, incl. amps which aren't linked to a global at all. This happens only to the "X" mode of amp blocks.
You get no sound because the preset is trying to find a global amp that you don't have ...

That Dr.Z preset is probably set to Y.

Time to post a bug report.

Last edited:
Weird...

I was going through some of them last night (not your most recent ones now though) and found for most of them I just had to initialize the Vol block.

"I have a couple of global amp blocks. For one reason or another (probably a bug) Axe-Edit (when saving) links all amp blocks to a global spot, incl. amps which aren't linked to a global at all. This happens only to the "X" mode of amp blocks.
You get no sound because the preset is trying to find a global amp that you don't have ... "

I had the same problem with your patches for the Ultra. When loading some of those patches I had to adjust the amp in the amp block to get sound and then had to choose the right amp model because it seemed to default to some FAS amp model.

Here's the link to my post about this issue:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/beta-...mp-parameters-dont-load-axe-fx-correctly.html

Last edited:
I had this issue after upgrading to 1.05. Changing the Volume block from "Mute" to "Thru" via the Axe didn't help. However, after upgrading to the new Axe-Edit yesterday I changed the setting via Axe-Edit and it solved the problem.

Very Odd, huh?

I was going through some of them last night (not your most recent ones now though) and found for most of them I just had to initialize the Vol block.

I tried this and it does work for the presets WITHOUT a Global Amp .... But, alas I think Yek is right, the amps that utilize the Global setting won't work even after initalizing the vol block, and/or replacing it with a shunt !

Back
Top Bottom