Trouble / Problem with Editing presets (Standard), possible software issue?

craiguitar

Power User
Hi,
I dont know if anyone can shed any light on this one, but here goes:
It's an Axe-Fx standard belonging to a friend, V.11 working fine, except when you access LAYOUT, then the cursor scrolls across to the far-right and all the effects blocks go blank (turn into shunts). The sound mutes, but the signal chain stays intact.
The cursor cannot be easily sent back to the right, but when it breifly is, some but not all of the effects blocks re-appear. It is impossible to edit the any preset because of this.

On checking, both the value wheel and the NAV buttons seem to be working fine and are not stuck in any way. The buttons on the unit are the squishy (not clicky) type. So on the face of it, it doesn't appear to be a hardware problem, but I'm not discounting it.

Perhaps reinstalling the firmware might help??

Thanks in advance !

It's most certainly a hardware problem IMO, contact support.

You guys could also open it up and confirm the ribbon cables are properly seated, if you're ok with that kind of thing (meaning you got skillz etc)?

Hi,
I dont know if anyone can shed any light on this one, but here goes:
It's an Axe-Fx standard belonging to a friend, V.11 working fine, except when you access LAYOUT, then the cursor scrolls across to the far-right and all the effects blocks go blank (turn into shunts). The sound mutes, but the signal chain stays intact.
The cursor cannot be easily sent back to the right, but when it breifly is, some but not all of the effects blocks re-appear. It is impossible to edit the any preset because of this.

On checking, both the value wheel and the NAV buttons seem to be working fine and are not stuck in any way. The buttons on the unit are the squishy (not clicky) type. So on the face of it, it doesn't appear to be a hardware problem, but I'm not discounting it.

Perhaps reinstalling the firmware might help??

Thanks in advance !

Thanks DJD, well the problem seems to have gone away (for now). Took off the lid and left if for a couple of days, then replaced the lid, and all now works as it should. So, it was possibly moisture on an optical contact or something like that? Anyway all is well again. Will update again if this issue re-occurs.

Back
Top Bottom