Trouble installing beta firmware 5.00

greg

Inspired
I updated FM3 Edit. But when I try to install the new beta firmware 5.00, it says it's not a valid bitmap file and its format cannot be supported.
I don't know how to correct this so that it will install.

1) You have posted this in the beta firmware thread, where it belongs. Please don't double-post.

2) It's really unclear what you've been doing. What are you using to install the firmware, and "what" says it's not a valid bitmap file etc? It sounds as if you try to install something on your computer instead of uploading a firmware update...

3) In general, if you're not comfortable with the update process, you definitively should NOT install beta firmware at all, but wait for the final release.

There is a new firmware for Fm3, and I'm trying to install it. It said I needed to update FM3 Edit, which I did. But after downloading the beta firmware 5.00 and extracting it, when I click on it to install it, it says it's not a valid file.

Maybe you just got a bum download. Have you tried to download it again
direct from the OP link?

Are you using Fractal Bot to install? If not, download again, extract file,
then use Fractal Bot to perform the update.

It's a beta so no automatic update made by FM3 Edit or Fractal Bot
Download the file from the thread in this forum
Unzip the file you downloaded and put in a known place
Download and install Fractal Bot if you haven't already done.
Connect your unit through USB
Use Fractal Bot to install the beta.

and.... read the manuals: It's mandatory with FAS unit and sw (and inside the zip files there's all you need to know to install the new FW and the changes)

If on a Mac , down load both files , use fractal bot to update firmware , and the editor, just drag new file into apps

Back
Top Bottom