Trouble cutting through the mix

also probably the difference in hearing mic'd tone vs cab tone. your probably actually hearing your tones for real for the first time.

I like the GEQ block in 5 band passive mode after my cab block to make quick adjustments.

A little low mids (1-2db for more balls) and little more mids (2-3db for cutting the mix) from that block should get you there.

I have this in all my presets.

I will either use the GEQ or the EQ found in the Amp Block (set to post). Concept is the same though - nice boost in the mid range and everything sits nicely in the mix.

On it's own (playing at home through monitors) it can sound a bit grating, but that's what you want to cut through the mix.

(don't get me wrong, for playing at home through monitors I'm in love with the sounds I'm getting from AX8- but it just didn't hold up under band conditions last night in some critical areas).

Right here is your answer, try tuning your presets with the rest of your mates in the conditions you are going to use them in. Then take them back to your room and play them by yourself and see what it sounds like.This way you will have a reference as to what they should sound like when building presets at home!

I went through Yek's Amp Series last night through my monitors at slightly higher than bedroom levels.... WOW... I ended up saving 18 amps down to my AX8 to try out at gig volumes.. So much good stuff, I can't wait to get back to the studio and turn it up.

Back
Top Bottom