Trivium - Shattering the Skies Above

Sounds great dude! I checked out a bunch of your other clips and they all sound really good. What guitar/pickups are you using and if you have a few minutes could you suggest what IRs you like using for metal tones.

Cheers!

Sounds great dude! I checked out a bunch of your other clips and they all sound really good. What guitar/pickups are you using and if you have a few minutes could you suggest what IRs you like using for metal tones.

Cheers!

+1.

And you know that you can't post a bad ass tone with out a patch to accompany it....

What did they use to record that song Strife that is out now?
The tone is just awesome.

Oh hey guys :). Been away from the forum for a couple of weeks, so missed out on all these great comments. Thanks for the feedback!

Drawnacrol - Of all my guitars, there are 2 that are my go-to for recording. One's an Ibanez RGD7421 that I use for my 7 string stuff. The other is an Agile Interceptor Pro. Both have the stock pickups they came with - Ibanez and EMG 81/85 respectively. I have a few other guitars, but these 2 somehow just have that mojo. They feel good to play with and sound great just as they are.

As far as tones go, I don't mean to sound uppity, but I somehow find guitar tones are easy to dial in. It's the drums that I end up spending 90% of my time on, trying to make them sound real and punchy. I've shared all of my presets on my Axe Change page (Axe Change -The Official Site for Fractal Audio Presets, Cabs and More). I don't really use any IR's other than the ones that come with the Axe. I think there are more than enough options there to dial in any kind tone you want. If you grab some of my patches, you can pick up some of the stereo cabs that I've used. Hope they work out for you.

Cheers dude! Much appreciated. I'll check out your patches now.

I find drums easy enough to do since there are so many good ready to go plug-ins and mix ready samples available nowadays. I've always struggled with guitar tones.

Back
Top Bottom