Trippy & melodic low gain tune (Whammy pedal + OH Cali Duo)

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Hey guys,

Here's another tune I recorded recently.
I used some Vox amp models paired with IR's from the recently released OwnHammer California Duo pack.
For this song I'm only using the 212 3QTR cab.
I really dig how that one sounds for low gain or clean tones.

For the first section I used my Digitech Whammy V pedal set to 'chords' mode and the pitch is set to a 5th above the played note.
The Axe FX can do this too but the Whammy sounds a bit better IMHO.

I hope you guys enjoy!

For the first section I used my Digitech Whammy V pedal set to 'chords' mode and the pitch is set to a 5th above the played note.
The Axe FX can do this too but the Whammy sounds a bit better IMHO.
I really enjoyed this song. I also enjoyed the effect you made with the whammy pedal. At first, I thought you might have set your Variax guitar to 12-string mode or something else (I'm not too familiar with those guitars). It reminded me of some of the more deep cut songs by Stone Temple Pilots off albums such as Tiny Music. I've been searching for that sound, so thanks for the tip about setting up the Axe-Fx for a 5th above the played note. As always, you're stuff is killer, Jon. :)

I really enjoyed this song. I also enjoyed the effect you made with the whammy pedal. At first, I thought you might have set your Variax guitar to 12-string mode or something else (I'm not too familiar with those guitars). It reminded me of some of the more deep cut songs by Stone Temple Pilots off albums such as Tiny Music. I've been searching for that sound, so thanks for the tip about setting up the Axe-Fx for a 5th above the played note. As always, you're stuff is killer, Jon. :)

Thanks man!
Yeah pitch shifting can be fun.
You can also try using 2 pitch shifters in parallel.
Set one to a fifth up and the other to an octave up.
Let me know how it sounds :)

Back
Top Bottom