Triple Axe-Fx III rack o' splendor

Would it be heresy to attempt this medusaish monstrosity with a III, an FM9, and a……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….Kemper?
I ve got a cycli in the shopping cart………………and a choice of GK guitars to mod…………

Would it be heresy to attempt this medusaish monstrosity with a III, an FM9, and a……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….Kemper?
I ve got a cycli in the shopping cart………………and a choice of GK guitars to mod…………

Go for it!

Off topic, but what is the neck shape on the Charvel Guthrie Govan sig? Have you played any Suhrs you can compare the shape to?

Ah interesting, I was trying to wrap my brain around why some of the controls and graphics were in different places.

I’m a fan of multi band distortion. Do we now have multi string distortion?

We are slowly evolving towards the VG-8/VG-88/VG-99/GP-10/SY-1000 concept, but through a large detour 😃

Last edited:
Superb. I'm gonna call this the Hax Fx rig.

@hippietim when you do post some clips, could you post some of the Cycfi pickup summed to mono then going into a crunch sound? I'd love to hear what the Cycfi sounds like with some eq or filtering to make it to sound more like a regular pickup, as it's a full range pickup with a quite a different response to a humbucker or single coil.

I'd also be very curious to see if there's any difference in latency between creating alt tunings in the Roland/Boss units vs achieving alt tunings with the 6 x discreet Pitch blocks via the Hax Fx.

Another interesting test would be to create tone matches per string from other guitars, and then apply 6 x IR Players (one per string) of those tone matches to simulate those guitars. This would be pretty much the same as the COSM guitar modelling and would be much more accurate than the SIM1 pedal for example which isn't polyphonic. You could then compare the difference between a COSM modelled guitar and a Hax Fx modelled guitar. I bet the results would be very, very similar, but with the added ability of filtering and EQing every string separately which you can't actually do within the modelling of the Rolands/Boss

Also @hippietim do you find that string crosstalk is still low with the modular Cycfi not placed right next to the bridge like a typical GK pickup would be? I know that the Cycfi has the best low level of crosstalk around.

Back
Top Bottom