Trip-Tik - Kid Charlemagne Solo

Sounds and sits great in that mix! I wasn't sure if this model would suite my style, based on some of the other clips, but I'll give it a go now.

Terry.

Thanks OP now Ive had this song stuck in my head all day long lol -
truly some classic playing , phrasing , note choice . My guitar teacher years ago used to try to teach me Jazz theory using Steely Dan solos , among others.

I wish I had listened and learned .

"Is there gas in the car , is there gas in the car "

Love that solo, and you did it great justice. That is a must learn for any Larry Carlton fan. That tone was sweeter than Nature Nate's honey on Texas toast. :)

Thanks OP now Ive had this song stuck in my head all day long lol -
truly some classic playing , phrasing , note choice . My guitar teacher years ago used to try to teach me Jazz theory using Steely Dan solos , among others.

I wish I had listened and learned .

"Is there gas in the car , is there gas in the car "

LOL, yes, I had this stuck in my head all day as well. Lots of great stuff to be learned by analyzing Steely Dan tunes and Larry Carlton solos... :)

mrstrat, I thank you for reminding me of this song. Of course I've been into Steely Dan from the beginning but you sometimes drift off into other areas such as metal, djent, etc. and while there is excellent choice in these genres such as Meshuggah, Periphery, Between the Buried and Me, etc. when you listen to Steely Dan it's a whole different experience. The chords are just so good and of course the solos are out of this world, so I've been on a mission to update my Dan collection and I'm determined to learn the solos from Kid Charlemagne and the intro to Don't take me alive. Thank you and well done with your rendition.

mrstrat, I thank you for reminding me of this song. Of course I've been into Steely Dan from the beginning but you sometimes drift off into other areas such as metal, djent, etc. and while there is excellent choice in these genres such as Meshuggah, Periphery, Between the Buried and Me, etc. when you listen to Steely Dan it's a whole different experience. The chords are just so good and of course the solos are out of this world, so I've been on a mission to update my Dan collection and I'm determined to learn the solos from Kid Charlemagne and the intro to Don't take me alive. Thank you and well done with your rendition.

Thanks Marrafat, I've learned the Don't take me alive solo as well, and just love it. Steely Dan is one of my all time favorite bands. I haven't gone back to this patch since the new 10.10 update, so I'll have to see how it sounds now. I'll try it out on Don't take me alive, and maybe post another clip. Cheers! :)

Thanks Marrafat, I've learned the Don't take me alive solo as well, and just love it. Steely Dan is one of my all time favorite bands. I haven't gone back to this patch since the new 10.10 update, so I'll have to see how it sounds now. I'll try it out on Don't take me alive, and maybe post another clip. Cheers! :)
That would be awesome.

That tone is fantastic. It sounds great through the crappy Ipad speaker. I'll be on that amp soon. Just talked to another Axe owner today who owns a music store and he said it was his new fav amp. Nice playing. Steely Dan is treasure trove of great playing and tunes.

Great job care to share the patch sounds spot on to me working those solos out as well dont take me alive on
the 336 which Herrington uses Great guitar btw ! nice work on the sound !

Back
Top Bottom