Trio+ routing

ryanscott6

Has anyone picked up a Digitech Trio+ yet? Just wondering what the best way to wire one of these up with an AX8 and a FRFR speaker of some sort.

So I've been playing with this for the past few hours, it looks like the best way to go about it is to throw my AX8 in the loop of the Trio+ then use the mixer out to the FRFR, making sure the guitar fx is disabled on the Trio+. Any one else grab one of these and find a different way to go about it?

Not knowing how that device works, I'd probably set the AX8 up so that OUT2 is a copy of OUT1 rather than run the high quality converters of the AX8 through a $179 pedal.

So I've been playing with this for the past few hours, it looks like the best way to go about it is to throw my AX8 in the loop of the Trio+ then use the mixer out to the FRFR, making sure the guitar fx is disabled on the Trio+. Any one else grab one of these and find a different way to go about it?

I put an FX LOOP block after the CAB block parallel to my main line and add a LOOPER block after it. Put the Trio in the FX loop. Get a bass/drum progression going on the Trio, add a rhythm guitar with the LOOPER, stop the Trio, and play lead. I adjust the LOOPER MIX level with an expression pedal. Good for working out lead lines if you know the chord progression.

Here's an example preset.

Attachments

• 50W Plexi Trio.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 22
Not knowing how that device works, I'd probably set the AX8 up so that OUT2 is a copy of OUT1 rather than run the high quality converters of the AX8 through a $179 pedal.

I send Trio's guitar input a feed from the AxeFx Output 2 set as a copy of Input 1.
I send the Trio Mixer output to my CLRs via a Mackie mixer that handles all my audio devices and feed a bus from that mixer of the AxeFx output ( or Helix or AmpliFIRE, etc.) to the Trio effect return for making the guitar portion of the loops on the Trio. I don't have anything plugged into the Trio's "Amp" output or its "Fx Send".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom