Triggering one block when another is engaged

greiswig

Power User
I'm trying to do something that I hope is do-able, but I can't seem to find a way how.

I like the wah block in front of the amp and the drive pedals. I'm trying to get it to where the EV-2 that I'm using for the Wah is able to control three things simultaneously:
  1. The Wah control, obviously
  2. The engagement of the Wah block
  3. The panning of the signal
The first two are easy. The third one seems to be something that you can't do in the Wah block itself, because as soon as the signal hits the drive block, the signal is summed. So I could use one channel of a block later in the signal chain to do the panning, but I can't figure out how to have the engagement of the Wah block on pedal movement simultaneously engage another block, and when the Wah block bypasses, have that bypass state also apply to this other block.

I'm using an RJM Mastermind, if it matters. Any ideas?

Use a volume block to do the panning. Assign a modifier to the volume parameter and set the Min and Max values both all the way up to 10. Set the source to your expression pedal and turn on auto-engage as well. Moving the pedal will then turn the block on and pan the signal however you want, but since min and max are both at 10, the volume won't change as you rock the pedal.

Thanks, @mr_fender ! That worked better than the unused phaser block channel I was trying to do something with.

But...is there a way to get it to where this only applies to one scene in a preset?

But...is there a way to get it to where this only applies to one scene in a preset?
Set the volume block modifier to apply to just one channel. Use that channel for this scene and some other channel (also bypassed, although if you set balance center it wouldn't really matter if the block was engaged) in other scenes.

Back
Top Bottom