Trigger Synth Sounds with Preset Change or Pressing a Footswitch

Alex Kerezy

Inspired
Hi,
I've had my Axe Fx iii for about 6 months now and I'm luvin' it - I use it with my fiddle.

QUESTION: Is there a way to trigger, via a change in presets, or perhaps by clicking a footswitch on the FC12, a synth block to produce a sound?

There's a video of this happening here (please forward to 7:15 in the video)

I looked for some youtube tutorial videos on this, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in Advanced!

Yes. You can do that by making the scenes equate to your synth tone/key. Set each scene up with the applicable sytnh tone. Name 1 thru 8 as needed. When you switch to the preset you will have the designated scene tone start. Hit another scene and the tone will change accordingly. You can name the scenes accordingly and they show up on the FC-12. Works well.

Typically you can just engage the block to get sound, bypass otherwise. Set a voice's tracking parameter "off" to hear it.

4 different chords can be set up on the 4 synth channels. Modifiers on voice freq. or shift parameters can get more. One way to get an idea of how this works might be to set up 4 chord types/voicings in the 4 channels via voice freq. parameters. Then have a scene controller on all voice "shift" parameters to transpose the chords to any desired root in each scene.

Back
Top Bottom