Tried a half hour and can't get a decent sound out of it...

voes

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
My Ultra is on the road for a week, so I used my old Pod XT to practice this morning.

Man, I tried a half hour to get a some sort of decent sound out of it. Just gave up! :)

Re: Tried a half hour and can't get a decent sound out of it

Hi Patrick,

funny, I just took out my old v-amp2 and experienced the same....a lot of plastic sound! :p

I didn't need that as confirmation that the AXE is sooo good , i already knew that. But I didn´t thought or remember that its so much better.

Martin

voes said:
My Ultra is on the road for a week, so I used my old Pod XT to practice this morning.

Man, I tried a half hour to get a some sort of decent sound out of it. Just gave up! :)

OK. You got me. With that title I thought you were a newbie trying to play it through a Crate amp or something.

MKeditor said:
voes said:

OK. You got me. With that title I thought you were a newbie trying to play it through a Crate amp or something.

When I saw the title I thought the same thing. Then looked over and saw it was voes and knew he was up to no good :lol:

Happy Metal said:
Hi Patrick,

funny, I just took out my old v-amp2 and experienced the same....a lot of plastic sound! :p

I didn't need that as confirmation that the AXE is sooo good , i already knew that. But I didn´t thought or remember that its so much better.

Martin

Yes, surely wasn't to give me confirmation about the Ultra. But like you, I really didn't remember that those fisher-price things sounded so bad!

I have Pod Farm which I think sounds better than the Pod X3 I used to have before the Axe. Anyway, last week, for fun, I ran Pod Farm as a VST plug-in into a Red Wirez cab (Pod Farm Recto Sim to Redwires Mesa V30). The tone I got was significantly improved - predictably not on-par with the Axe-Fx but much better. Point being - I think a big part of the problem with Pod stuff might be the cab sims.

sprint said:
Point being - I think a big part of the problem with Pod stuff might be the cab sims.

The other part being the amp sims. :lol:

...and the FX. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom