AFIII Tribute to Eddie Van Halen (w/ free patch)

Dude! I just went through the screen shots this afternoon and dialed in my Axe II. This is maybe one of the only times I've been able to take another person's presets and have it sound as it did in your vid. Instant grin on my face and some huge eye openers with how you've constructed this preset. I've never really used the MBC before and i can see what its doing here. Also, the reverb and detune are just so lush and perfect. Pure EVH effects right there. I'm riffin Best of Both Worlds, 5150, Cabo Wabo, Black n Blue , beautiful girls etc. Bam. This is my new EVH go to preset. Thanks a million Rocco!

Last edited:
To be honest, when Eddie passed, I expected there to be number of takes from the usual suspects on this forum, as he had such a huge impact on so many of us. Surprisingly, it was almost the opposite. I once played with a guy who refused to cover VH because he felt it was sacrilege to do so. Glad you don’t feel the same, because that was awesome. Great job!

I must say watching your video, I have a new found appreciation for Eddies right hand technique, that I had previously overlooked.

Dude! I just went through the screen shots this afternoon and dialed in my Axe II. This is maybe one of the only times I've been able to take another person's presets and have it sound as it did in your vid. Instant grin on my face and some huge eye openers with how you've constructed this preset. I've never really used the MBC before and i can see what its doing here. Also, the reverb and detune are just so lush and perfect. Pure EVH effects right there. I'm riffin Best of Both Worlds, 5150, Cabo Wabo, Black n Blue , beautiful girls etc. Bam. This is my new EVH go to preset. Thanks a million Rocco!
Thanks dude!! Glad those screenshots helped!
To be honest, when Eddie passed, I expected there to be number of takes from the usual suspects on this forum, as he had such a huge impact on so many of us. Surprisingly, it was almost the opposite. I once played with a guy who refused to cover VH because he felt it was sacrilege to do so. Glad you don’t feel the same, because that was awesome. Great job!

I must say watching your video, I have a new found appreciation for Eddies right hand technique, that I had previously overlooked.
Really appreciate the kind words man! Eddie's right hand was everything, I actually love his rhythm playing/riffs even more than his solos, he really was one of a kind.

Hello,do you mind share this patch you dialed for AXE FX II in the AXE FX II section ? Thank you so much!

One of the BEST (if not the BEST) and honest rendition of THE EVH TONE i ever heard in the WWW... and one of the BEST "intention" in the playing Man. This is what i call a real "ommage" to Eddie! And TNX for the goodies too!

Wow, that was awesome! I really enjoyed you including some of the ones you don't hear enough of. Like Hang 'em High, that was incredible. You might have Hetfield beat on the downpicking speed.

Sorry for the dumb question. Exactly which charvel model is being played here.
this video was beyond awesome. Wow!

Sorry for the dumb question. Exactly which charvel model is being played here.
this video was beyond awesome. Wow!
Thanks dude! It's a 2016 Pro-mod San Dimas, I've changed all the hardware (originally it was chrome), removed the tone knob and moved the volume knob down!

Back
Top Bottom