Trey Anastasio - "Really knowing your gear is more important than having great gear!"

Izzy

Inspired
Trey Anastasio - "Really knowing your gear is more important than having great gear!"

I was really amazed at how simple this legendary guitarist's rig is! He's still using the same Mesa Boogie MK III head and the same dorm-made cab that he started out with in college!

Enjoyed that. He has some good insight into gear and how your own creativity is more important than the specific tool and it's limitations or lack thereof.

Nice interview, thanks! Gotta check out the other parts too. He didn't get into the other signal chains yet... ;-)

IIRC he was playing Deluxe Reverbs for a long time, guess he's switched back to the MkIII. And that Koa Languedoc guitar is beautiful!

Thanks for that. He's a great player and they're an amazing band, particularly live. I'd sure love to have the world set up around me like that onstage. Given that I don't, I'm really glad I have the Axe Fx so I can have lots of options in a much smaller package.

Sweet!
thumbsup.gif

Nice interview, thanks! Gotta check out the other parts too. He didn't get into the other signal chains yet... ;-)

IIRC he was playing Deluxe Reverbs for a long time, guess he's switched back to the MkIII. And that Koa Languedoc guitar is beautiful!

If you watch the first video, when it's done there are some panels which represent other videos. When I finished the first one, the panel on the upper left led to the 2nd part of this interview.

I love in Part 2 where he describes how he likes to hear each instrument coming from the correct location on stage instead of all in one monitor, and how listening to each other is so important.

Of course, for the monitor part it helps a bit to be able to play on large stages where there's room for everything... ;-)

Back
Top Bottom