Trey Anastasio/Phish Preset

First of all, big thanks to Ian (@iaresee) for feedback and suggestions as I was finishing this preset. It is still a work in progress but I think its ready to share with the group and get some feedback to refine it. There are four scenes, a Comet 60 with EL34s, Comet 60 with 6L6s, Deluxe Reverb and Boogie. Couple notes:

• On the Comet scenes, I typically play with my guitar volume between 50-80 percent up. As you turn the guitar volume down the amp will clean up.
  • For the G1265 cabs, if you feel its to dark, mute the Far Field IR and it will make the tone more crisp. The FF IR muddies things up a bit but, IMO adds something to the feel of the tone.
  • The delay has two channels, straight delay and reverse.
  • The Drive has two channels, light and heavy overdrive.
  • The whammy has two channels, 2 octaves up and one octave down.
  • The reverb has two channels, medium and hall
  • The vibe still needs a little tweaking but I tend to like it a little wetter than Trey's.
  • I'm still not happy with the Trem, it's close but still not as choppy as Trey's.

Let me know what you think, I tweaked this preset next to my low powered Komet K60 and it was really close in both tone and feel. Due to the quarantine I have not been able to tweak this preset at practice levels so it may change a little once the band is practicing again. I will post to AXEChange soon.

EDIT: The first preset file I uploaded had the deluxe reverb in Scene 2. It is now fixed. If you're using the original file, just switch the amp to Channel B.
Attachments

Attachments

• High Gear.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
So @ipressthebutton was kind enough to share his preset with me a few weeks ago when he was dialing in the Comet 60 sounds in the preset. His near-field + far-field IR pairing here is just really brilliant. All factory IRs too! The addition of the far-field IR did something fantastic to the overall sound of the Comet 60 and I've been stuck on his settings ever since he shared them.

Thank you @ipressthebutton! I have massive appreciation for anyone who goes deep on Trey's tones! I'm looking forward to checking out the full preset and especially your take on his Boogie sounds which have always been my favorite Trey tones.

Here's quick rip on some Trey licks with the settings you shared with me a while back:

wow that sounds killer anyway to port it to the Ax8....? lol

I sold my AX8 when I bought my III so I'm not up to date where the firmware is and if it has some of the same capabilities. I believe the amp and both cabs are there because I had a Comet 60 preset on my AX8. I believe you could open the III preset in Fractool and manually adjust the settings. If you can't do 2 IRs in the AX8 cab block I would probably use the standard 12G65 IR vs. the far field one. Try both but I think you will like the close mic'd IR.

Oh my!! Great stuff. Thanks for the hard work! Any way to port it to the FM3??? I tried with Fractool but ran into difficulties.

Just a follow up to my previous post. I do realize this is the AXE-Fx III preset exchange but for those of you with an FM3 I am pleased to confirm that with the brilliant 2.0 Beta firmware update I am able to load up most all of this awesome preset with minimal tweaking and without overloading the processor!! I hope someone finds this helpful. Thanks for this awesome preset.

Just a follow up to my previous post. I do realize this is the AXE-Fx III preset exchange but for those of you with an FM3 I am pleased to confirm that with the brilliant 2.0 Beta firmware update I am able to load up most all of this awesome preset with minimal tweaking and without overloading the processor!! I hope someone finds this helpful. Thanks for this awesome preset.
That's actually quite impressive!

So @ipressthebutton was kind enough to share his preset with me a few weeks ago when he was dialing in the Comet 60 sounds in the preset. His near-field + far-field IR pairing here is just really brilliant. All factory IRs too! The addition of the far-field IR did something fantastic to the overall sound of the Comet 60 and I've been stuck on his settings ever since he shared them.

Thank you @ipressthebutton! I have massive appreciation for anyone who goes deep on Trey's tones! I'm looking forward to checking out the full preset and especially your take on his Boogie sounds which have always been my favorite Trey tones.

Here's quick rip on some Trey licks with the settings you shared with me a while back:

are the ir's from far field 1 or 2 ? I have far field 2

Back
Top Bottom