Trey Anastasio Beacon Jams

I don't think I've seen a thread about this but Trey Anastasio of Phish has been doing free live streams from the Beacon Theater every Friday night for the last few weeks on Twitch. It is a primarily a five piece band with some extra guests and they play for about 2.5 hours. Even if you don't like Phish/Trey, I highly encourage you check this out because they are making some great music and its getting better every week. There are five more shows left and if I had to guess, he is not going to repeat a song over the course of the eight shows.

Also, Phish will be streaming three of their Halloween musical costume sets on Saturday night. They are playing the Disney's Chilling, Thrilling, Sounds of the Haunted House, Kasvot Vaxt's i rokk (Faceplant into Rock) and The Talking Heads' Remain in Light tomorrow night. This is also free on YouTube and Facebook

I'm psyched for the Remain in Light set tmw night. But String Cheese Incident is also streaming Hulaween 2010, which was my wife's first SCI show... so we'll have to see which one gets airplay ;-)

Haven't had a chance to ck out the Beacon Jams yet.

Haven't had a chance to ck out the Beacon Jams yet.
They've all been great. Super chill. Trey talks a lot and answers questions from people posting on the twitch feed. If you want to rewatch any of them HMU and I'll hook you up.

The stuff he does with the string section, in particular, has been really amazing. When the TAB stuff plays, I miss the horns. :) Except on Case of Ice and Snow -- that one always hits hard when it's just the 5-piece.

The What's the Use was definitely a highlight for me. The stuff with the strings has been such a treat but I do miss the horns.

Another cool thing is that the band is set up facing the back of the stage with the seats behind them.

I'm really hoping for NYE from The Barn...

They've all been great. Super chill. Trey talks a lot and answers questions from people posting on the twitch feed. If you want to rewatch any of them HMU and I'll hook you up.
Hey, what sort of hooking up do we need besides the Titch URL you posted below?

We get THREE halloween sets in ONE night!!!!
Looks like I convinced my wife to watch them tmw night. She strongly dislikes the Talking Heads (mostly Byrne's voice, she loves their songs when someone else does them). But if that's the 3rd set, she'll be long asleep by then.

A friend of a friend lives near the Beacon and said they are sound checking Harry Hood. Also, it appears there will be a horn section tonight.

My Phish discord is blowing up saying they did a Rescue Squad Hood. I’ll have to catch it on the replay tomorrow.

Damn... I streamed in for a few songs up thru Curlew's but then went down to hang out w/ my wife... Hood and Lifeboy were next ;-(

Hood and Lifeboy were so good. I think last night was my favorite so far followed closely by the 3rd week. The Goodbye Head was a pleasant surprise and the Heather McDougall silliness cracked me up.

Back
Top Bottom