Trey A - 4.2 (updated Sept 12th!)

The chase delay took me a bit to figure out because I thought it was a feedback signal that was changing the note pitch. Nope! He's just playing that same pentatonic riff all the time when he engages it. :D
Ahhh ya ok...ya sounds great, also your envelope filter is killlerrr..was totally getting those long delay with the envelope filter sounds that he was using..way cooll..thanks. man i like the wrecker too! didn't think i would but it sound good

The chase delay took me a bit to figure out because I thought it was a feedback signal that was changing the note pitch. Nope! He's just playing that same pentatonic riff all the time when he engages it. :D
What's he doing on that? 1/8th note delay and just playing 1/8th note runs?

What's he doing on that? 1/8th note delay and just playing 1/8th note runs?
You got it. In the preset, tap in the tempo as quarter notes and then play 1/8 note runs with Delay 2 engaged and you'll get his "chase delay" sound.

For extra fun, there's a control switch assigned to Delay 2 you can kick in at the end of the run that throws the feedback value way up so you can stop playing and have it feedback for longer at the end of the run. Dub-mode.

It may be me but when the amp drive is increased to 2.48 or 2.58, it seems like the dynamics increase a little but it still stays relatively clean. It also cleans up nicely when you back the guitar's volume knob down. Once I got above 2.68-2.78 the notes started to get fizzy and I had to turn the guitar volume down more to get a good clean sound. I had the same experience with the dynamics through headphones and a FR speaker. Again, great preset!

Last edited:
Here's a version of the preset that will work in an FM3 and just gives you the base amp tones, drive blocks and delay blocks. The pitch special effects, rotary, flanger and phaser aren't present. You can compare the III version with the pared down version using FracTool and bring in the special effects you find useful for your performances.

View attachment 88802
UGGH YOU'RE THE MAN! JUST ORDERED AN FM3! CANT WAIT TO TRY THIS! WHY AM I USING ALL CAPS!

Thanks dude!

This is such a good preset @iaresee, I have been using the delay/reverb stack in my go to preset. I always struggle to get parallel effects to sound good, but I think this preset has enabled. The only adjustments I have made is making the delay repeats louder. I found in a band setting they needed to be more pronounced. I have also been using the flanger block, I think I'm still partial to the zero thru flanger but this one is a close second.

I almost have a version of this preset dialed in for the FM9, I will post it when I'm happy with it.

Been working on a wet/dry FM9 preset using my Accugroove Robusta (Output 1) and Latte (Output 2). This thing sounds incredible and has a very similar effect as the AmbiKab Jr. Next step is to eliminate the Cab 2 block to save some CPU. Thinking about moving the filter up and panning delays right and dry signal left. Will post a preset once I get it dialed in. Any thoughts suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• High Gear Wet Dry.png
    High Gear Wet Dry.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 10
Here is a FM9 version. This is still a work in progress, but I think it's starting to sound really good. This is a wet/dry preset, just get rid of the extra cab going to Output 2 if you don't have two speakers. Couple notes:
  • The drive Channel A is a tweaked "Klon" block that I found on the forum and Channel B is a low OD TS808. I don't have a Klon and have never played through one, but it sounds good.
  • I used the Ambience Reverb type, there is a medium room on Channel A. I prefer the Ambience, I think it adds to the feel and the notes just bloom.
  • Try out the Far Field G12 65 (JM) IR, It muddies up the tone a little but adds a cool feel
  • This was set up with my Crow Hill hollowbody and brand new Red Sound Elis8 stereo bundle. The wet/dry effect is really cool.

I welcome input and will post material updates. I haven't tested this out with a band but will at the next practice.

@iaresee feel free to move the preset to the first post or put a link to this post if you want.

Attachments

• FM9 High Gear WetDry FAForum.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom