Tremonti inspired tone

Fabio KTG

Fractal Fanatic
For those of you who aren’t’ fortunate to acquire the Ultra Res packs offered by Fractal, Own Hammer and The Amp Factory, fear not! There is a plethora of great sounding IR’s that you can still rely on.

Seeing as nobody has released an updated Uberkab IR and mine wasn’t that great either, I decided to have a bash at creating my own version of Mark Tremonti’s huge, dirty tone. I listened to an isolated guitar track from Ties That Bind and tweaked my patch until it sounded similar. One thing that I did notice is how much fizz is in his recorded tone on that track, I mean sooooo much fizz, it sounded like a pissed off wasp in a bottle… I digress.

My take on his sound was tweaked with my RCF ART 722A and has less fizz and more bottom end, which would be suited towards live playing, but make your own judgement. Feedback is appreciated.

The guitar is my trusty PRS Custom 24 (HFS/VB), recorded via an M-Audio 2626 in GarageBand.

Apologies for my ham fisted playing, I’ve listened to a few tracks in Drop C# and tried to figure the parts.

Attachments

• Fabio KTG's Tremonti Uber.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom