Tremolo: align internal tremolo rates to external metronome

BoreMachine

What I would like to achieve is to activate a tremolo (slicer style) for very short moments (e.g. one beat). I would like to determine the activation using a momentary external switch. Right now I linked the external controller to BYPASS MODE, to switch the tremolo on and off.

On the forum I read several discussions on similar topics. The bottom line is something like: the Axe FX syncs tempo, but it does not align it’s internal rates to MIDI (Song Position Pointer). To solve this it is suggested to assign an external controller to the RUN switch and then trigger that controller. To keep it aligned it might be retriggered for example on the downbeat every 4 bars.

Although this solution might get me what I need, I am not sure how to implement it. Like I said, I want to use it for tremolo, but the tremolo block does not have a run switch itself. So, what controller and parameter are used, and where should they be linked to in order to trigger and retrigger?

However I have a hard time, aligning the tremolo to the metronome of the band. It feels like I need to activate the preset ‘in time’ (e.g. exactly on the 4th beat). but I am not shure and even then the tremolo drifts apart from the metronome quite quickly. When I practise alone and use the internal Axe FX metronome, there seems no problem.

I hope someone can give me some clear advise on this topic.

Thanks in advance!

Turn the rate control all the way down and it will change to LFO Sync and will synchronize with the LFO1 controller. The LFO1 controller rate can be set with tap tempo and has a run switch you can then use.

Back
Top Bottom