Trem parameters (amp block) not working (XL) .

gibsonash

Experienced
No change when i turn DEPTH/FREQ with or without axe edit , just me or ...? Fw 17 / new axe edit

Last edited:
I was playing with the Bias Tremolo in the Amp block last night. According to the following statements, it seemed to work as described. Take note of Cliff's statement regarding the "self ducking" nature of the effect. This was the case when I tried it using the Marshall Plexi 50watt, with a fair amount of gain and the MV cranked up full. The bias tremolo was only apparent as the sound started to fade out, and had I not allowed the sound to tail off for quite a few seconds, I'd never have even noticed the effect.

The tremolo action is therefore different than other types of tremolo and the amount of tremolo varies with a multitude of variables, most importantly the tremolo is “self-ducking” and decreases at higher signal amplitudes. Note particularly that bias tremolo is a somewhat crude tremolo circuit and it’s interaction with the power amp depends on many things including damping, bias, etc. On some amps high values of bias trem depth can result in excessive crossover distortion. On other amps the amount of tremolo can vary greatly between loud and soft playing. All this, however, is part of the allure of bias tremolo as it results in a particularly “organic” sound. Control of the bias tremolo is afforded by the Trem Freq and Trem Depth parameters. A modifier can be attached to Trem Depth to facilitate engaging and disengaging the tremolo via footswitch or for other applications.

Amp parameters - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Not a bug i think , it doesn t work when the P.A is off (supply sag) but it work with other patch P.A On . Someone can confirm ?

Not a bug i think , it doesn t work when the P.A is off (supply sag) but it work with other patch P.A On . Someone can confirm ?

Yeah, it uses the powertubes for the tremolo effect, so turning the poweramp simulation off will defeat it.

Back
Top Bottom