Bug? Trem/Pan square trem LFO = backwards (Fixed)

Bakerman

Axe-Master
The Trem/Pan square trem LFO implementation is nonsensical and makes realtime duty adjustment impossible without changing the apparent tempo and rhythm, and having to set a new start phase to keep the beat aligned. For pulse width below 50% (currently this means duty above 50%) the "on" start point is inaccessible by the start phase control, which only goes to 180 degrees. Please invert the LFO and eliminate these issues.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28651/axefx/squaretrem.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't quite understand what you are saying but would changing the range of the Start Phase parameter to 0 - 360 fix it?

I don't quite understand what you are saying but would changing the range of the Start Phase parameter to 0 - 360 fix it?

It wouldn't fix the tempo/rhythm shift issue but that would be a nice option too.

Right now the square LFO starts at 0% and stays there for the duty %, then jumps to 100% for the rest of the cycle (assuming 100% depth). Start phase can move the engage-point to wherever the 100% portion begins, but if duty is adjusted a new start phase value is required. If the LFO started at 100% instead, the "on" point wouldn't shift relative to a beat if you varied the duty %. It would always be 0 degrees, as opposed to (duty x 360) degrees.

Thanks for looking into this.

Okay, I understand now. The issue isn't really the Tremolo but the LFO generator code. It defines a square wave as starting at zero and then going to one. I have simply inverted the LFO.

Great, that will make it more usable. Can start phase go to 360 as well? That might be useful for some things. Thanks again.

Is or will start phase be possible to be controlled by a modifier as well?

I´m thinking that a second LFO controlling this start phase, could be used to create more/different waveforms than those currently aviable. I´ve sometimes missed the option of having duty of the waveforms that doesn´t have duty aviable today (or is it possible to acheive that any other way?).

I e, take a look at the LOG waveform (the graphic in the manual) but with the duty options as the square wave got. Perhaps it is possible already with some other workaround?

Is or will start phase be possible to be controlled by a modifier as well?

I´m thinking that a second LFO controlling this start phase, could be used to create more/different waveforms than those currently aviable. I´ve sometimes missed the option of having duty of the waveforms that doesn´t have duty aviable today (or is it possible to acheive that any other way?).

I e, take a look at the LOG waveform (the graphic in the manual) but with the duty options as the square wave got. Perhaps it is possible already with some other workaround?

Wait a minute, if start phase position would be in range: 0-360. Am I right in assuming that this also sets where the LFO Run parameter start everytime it gets toggled (if tied to another LFO)? If that is the case, then it would be possible to acheive "other" waveforms. By using a second LFO (start/stop) controlling the first LFO Run parameter, correct?

Start phase only affects where the LFO begins when engaging the pan/trem block, so this won't allow modifying the LFO while it's running.

If you're referring to the control menu LFOs, those don't have a start phase parameter. That would be a nice one to add, I think.

Start phase only affects where the LFO begins when engaging the pan/trem block, so this won't allow modifying the LFO while it's running.

If you're referring to the control menu LFOs, those don't have a start phase parameter. That would be a nice one to add, I think.

Whoops, my bad. Didn´t understand the OP correctly. However, I agree on LFO start phase parameter.
Regarding that, let us continue over here:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...start-phase-parameter-utility.html#post976159

Back
Top Bottom