Trebly Chords and mild single note

Hitoshi Kato

Inspired
Hi,

I prefer trebly sound when I play 'several strings', and I prefer less trebly sound when I play 'single string'.
Can anyone share how I can do that in 1 preset?

To explain more, I usually prefer bright (trebly) sound when I play multi strings (e.g. chord), but I prefer mild (less trebly / less high frequency) sound when I play single note (e.g. palm mute single note playing).

I attached my temporary solution preset, and I explain how I do in the attached preset in the below.

As far as I know, Axe FX can't detect if I play single string or multi strings, then I use 'pitch follower' in 6.6k in amp block post EQ session.
1640512654774.png
1640512675813.png

By this, Axe can distinguish when I play multi strings and single string since pitch follower can't do anything when the input is Chords type.
But even with this, not perfect especially when I play low fret (from 0 o 4 frets) in low E string.

I assume @2112 might have good solution but please can anyone advise me?

Thanks a lot and happy new year for everybody!

Attachments

• TrebleChordLessTrebleSingle.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 11
The pitch follower doesn't differentiate between chords and single notes, but between single notes of different pitch. If you play a chord, the pitch follower will just detect the pitch of the loudest note, and that is quite random

Have you tried to assign the EQ to the expression pedal, to do that manually? (or footally🐾)

The pitch follower doesn't differentiate between chords and single notes, but between single notes of different pitch. If you play a chord, the pitch follower will just detect the pitch of the loudest note, and that is quite random

Have you tried to assign the EQ to the expression pedal, to do that manually? (or footally🐾)
Hi,

Pitch follower always distinguish chord and single note as far as I experience, then I assumed pitch follower is confused when the input is several note then does nothing.
Have you tried my preset btw?

Manual is not easy especially chord and single note are mixed up very often.
Do you know any automatic solution?

I cannot test it now, but what about messing with the Multi-band Compressor? or a compressor and a parametric EQ in parallel with the main signal? Chords may have louder signal than single notes, so you could use these peaks to pump certain frequencies when a chord is played

I cannot test it now, but what about messing with the Multi-band Compressor? or a compressor and a parametric EQ in parallel with the main signal? Chords may have louder signal than single notes, so you could use these peaks to pump certain frequencies when a chord is played
I checked the input signal and both are almost same, at least signal can’t work well on this.

guitar tone knob? scenes? Why make it more complicated than it has to be?
Because I prefer trebly chords sound and mild single note.
I want to achieve those tone without changing any settings but what I play.
Especially when the rhythm guitar part includes both chords and single note, and both appears very randomly.

I am trying to achieve what real amp can’t do here.
K. I couldn't figure out how to do it with a real amp....if you'd already found a solution there, it might have helped me or someone figure out an analog.

I don't really have many ideas.

Have you tried a filter block (set to low pass) modulated by an envelope follower set to track input 1? There should be more of a difference between notes an chords at the input rather than after all the amp/drive compression.

Back
Top Bottom