Treble control on at least one Hook amp does nothing?

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
Not sure which one, not at my Axe, 3A maybe, but it really seems like that's true. All the way down to all the way up, no change. Don't see anything mentioned about that in the write-ups I've seen.

Is this a bug? 12.05.

1B has an EQ bypass switch enabled. That might be why the treble control has no audible effect.

@Dave Merrill Yeah, there are certainly reasons why those would be an additional advantage, especially so users don't think something is broken when there isn't any change when adjusting the Treble control.

I just tried Capt Hook 1B again, to see if the Mid or Bass were also not functional. Mostly not, but when I turned the Mid down to zero, and then adjusted the Bass, I noticed a slight change when I got to 10. I then also tried the Treble again, and got the same results, where there was still a very slight change (more treble) just as I got to 10 on the control. But maybe all three should be dimmed and/or have a switch showing EQ bypassed??

Forgot, ... and with the Mid at zero, the volume was significantly lower than usual. Hope this helps define the best handling behind the scenes.

Yeah, I came back to say that EQ wasn't disabled. I think I was on 1A, not positive, not being in front of it and apparent Swiss cheese brain.

And also to talk about the mid control. I can't describe it very well, but roughly, the higher it is, the less effect bass and treble have. Most tone stacks are interactive, but this one is especially so, and it's weird too. I'm getting tones I like, but it's weird to work with.

...so next Cliff will come along and say it's an exact clone of a Bassman, and I'll hide under the rug......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom