Bug? Treble amp control changing on its own

OK, pretty sure this must be another bad hardware unit. Besides the Treble, Presnsen, and Master knobs randomly going bonkers, AX8 Edit pauses itself on it's own (also randomly)

OK, pretty sure this must be another bad hardware unit. Besides the Treble, Presnsen, and Master knobs randomly going bonkers, AX8 Edit pauses itself on it's own (also randomly)
The Axe-Edit behavior is normal. It'll pause any time it senses that the unit itself is being adjusted.

Mine has done this too, though not as extreme as your video. Occasionally I'll get the notification box saying a parameter changed while I'm playing. It usually only changes by 0.01 and the knobs still seem to work correctly. At first I thought this may be "normal", I hope it isn't a sign of an impending hardware failure.

Mine has done this too, though not as extreme as your video. Occasionally I'll get the notification box saying a parameter changed while I'm playing. It usually only changes by 0.01 and the knobs still seem to work correctly. At first I thought this may be "normal", I hope it isn't a sign of an impending hardware failure.

I can't say impending failure (above my paygrade), but mine did it minimally at first, but very quickly went to pretty much all the time.

That's a bummer man, hopefully FAS can get you fixed up again if you are still willing to give another try, Third time's a charm right ;)

Support said to send it back; but it is certainly causing some alarm. There aren't tons of these things in the wild, how do I keep getting the lemons ;)

Not sure, all units are not 100% perfect but the problem percentages are so low it does raise an eyebrow when it happens. FAS will get you dialed in I have never heard of case that they haven't.

I can't say impending failure (above my paygrade), but mine did it minimally at first, but very quickly went to pretty much all the time.
I haven't been able to get it to happen again. Maybe it was due to vibration or some weird glitch that happened when I had AX8 Edit connected.

i posted a thread about this too! it is happening to me aswell, and it only started happning after i updated to 3.50 and 3.1!

FAS - can you please comment? I will also contact support.

I just bought this unit used and this is happening to me. I guess I am screwed? :(

Note that Axe-Edit's pausing is intended behavior when you adjust controls and menus on the hardware. It's only an issue if it happens on the fly.

Back
Top Bottom