Travelling to The USA /Florida?

dieter

Inspired
Hi guys
Just wondering if anyone here is from the St Petersburg area and knows some good live music venues to go to. Or a good music store where I can rent a guitar for a couple of weeks?
First time to the US and quite exited
Cheers
Dieter

Hey there.
I’m not in St Petersburg, I’m a bit North of Tampa, yet have played around town a bit.
Check out who’s playing at Jannus Live. Great outdoor venue, First Friday’s of the month are free. Many shows from a variety of artists. Nice area there, restaurants, shopping, etc...

Also, there are a few theaters that are in the area...Mahaffey Theater is one, Capital Theater is another.
There’s also many clubs in town, you can easily pick up an “entertainment” paper and get some ideas.
I suppose it depends on where you are staying and your ability to move around, yet regardless there’s some fun options.

For rental gear, I’m not so sure. There are Guitar Center’s and Sam Ash music store’s...those are the big chains. Not sure about their “short term” rental policies.
Might have to buy and return within a time period. I’d ask what the return policy is BEFORE any purchase though ;)

Hope you have a GREAT time while you’re here.
Be sure to spend some time at the beaches...those are world class

Thanks so much GtrLover for that
Really appreciated
We’ll certainly going to spend some time at the beaches and going to check out some of the venues you mentioned
Cheers

I’m a few minutes from St Pete. +1 for Jannus Live and other good advice mentioned above. Seek it out, and you’ll find quite an active night life there and surrounding it. Jannus live is a great venue and lures many great acts. In fact, my profile photo is a shot of me performing there with my band ;). Closer up to where I live is also another great Venue called Ruth Eckerd Hall. You may want to check out their schedule. It’s also, another great venue to catch a show with amazing acoustics.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom