Traveling on plane with cabs - XiTone wedge?

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
Anyone travel with FRFR cabs?I have a gig. Gotta jump on a plane with my guitar and FM9. I’ll have the house system do my sound and monitor. But I like two XiTones for my regular gigs. I can get away with just one. Those things are built so solid, I was wondering if anyone ever just put them in baggage as is? Big cartage would have flight cases. But I’m just a little guy.

Anyone travel with FRFR cabs?I have a gig. Gotta jump on a plane with my guitar and FM9. I’ll have the house system do my sound and monitor. But I like two XiTones for my regular gigs. I can get away with just one. Those things are built so solid, I was wondering if anyone ever just put them in baggage as is? Big cartage would have flight cases. But I’m just a little guy.
Even a padded gig bag for one cabinet would be better than nothing. An alternate is to contact XiTone and see if you can purchase a shipping box with the packing/packaging. It's a heavy cabinet so they're probably going to treat it like an anvil.

Another alternative would be to wrap it with several layers of a strong bubble-wrap. A packaging supply will give you lots of options.

What Joe said, haha. I'd imagine flying with a wedge would be a huge pain and/or very expensive, plus the risk of damage.

Back
Top Bottom