Travel speaker for FM3?

I won't be using Bluetooth. Just the Aux In.
Understandable. The sound will still go through the device's D/A, if I am not missing something? I found that those add noticeable latency on Bluetooth speakers, as they process the sound to make it bigger than life =)

Maybe a useful bit of info....

I picked up one of those dot speakers after seeing Larry's vid. When I first got it, I used the cord and it worked great. Then I made the mistake of connecting to it with Bluetooth. From that point on, no matter what I did, it added a lot of latency....even with the cord. I ended up giving it to one of my kids.

The Roland Cube (stereo) seems good and light enough. I don't know about the sound or volume level...

I've got one of these Bose, small battery recharges and so loud the front desk in any hotel will be nocking on your door to turn it down...
May not be a CLR but its f~n loud for travel, my neighbors hate it... lol...
I have one we use for listening to movies at night when traveling. With a 1/4” to mini adapter it’d work with a modeler nicely.

I picked up a House of Marley "Bag Of Riddim" speaker for grab and go use because it's actually stereo. Bass is a little hyped, but I think that's a common complaint for portable bluetooth speakers. Fixed easily enough with some global EQ.
With my phone, the lowest volume is actually louder than I'd like but with the volume knob on the FM3 the control is a lot more granular. It's probably a little bigger than you want though. Their "No Bounds" model is similar to the JBL Larry was using in his video.

I have my old AxeFX II to running through a Bose sound dock. I connect the headphones out to the auxiliary in and it works great!
You can also run Bluetooth from your phone at the same time for backing tracks etc…

What's the consensus on a small travel speaker to go with the FM3?

I'm traveling coming year and will be spending time abroad for some time. I'll take the FM3 with me and I'm looking for a small speaker companion.

Sound quality is more important than volume.

iLoud from IK Multimedia?
yep.... the iLoud stereo sounds great and you can stream bluetooth backing tracks to jam along with.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/con...nitor/j01566000000000?rNtt=ik monitor&index=5

The next best (smallish) thing I've found... Bose S1 Pro

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro...stem/k58366000000000?rNtt=bose s1 pro&index=2

For the $$$ the Headrush 108 is a pretty good deal. Probably a lot more wattage than needed, but it does have a grill covering the speaker, a carry handle and not going to sound like an AM radio.

I ve been using the bose Soundlink mini II since 2015. Great overall guitar sound at low volumes and great also for listening just music. Will fit in any bag. The latency really is not a subject as I'm not in 1000notespersecond styles.

I think I'll go for a Bose Soundlink Revolve II.
I think that’s what I have. It’s the larger unit with very full sound and it works like a charm!!

Edit: nope, I just took a look at what this is, and I do have two of those in my bedroom (I run them in stereo on each of my nightstands) and they sound good. The one I have hooked up to my AxeFX II is the called the Bose sound dock series 3. It’s larger but it puts out a Lot of sound!
https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/...ter_support/sounddock-series-iii-speaker.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom