Travel speaker for FM3?

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
What's the consensus on a small travel speaker to go with the FM3?

I'm traveling coming year and will be spending time abroad for some time. I'll take the FM3 with me and I'm looking for a small speaker companion.

Sound quality is more important than volume.

iLoud from IK Multimedia?

Last edited:

I'm traveling coming year and will be spending time abroad for some time. I'll take the FM3 with me and I'm looking for a small speaker companion.

I'd prefer something less colourised with more adequate FR curve, like presonus eris 4.5 but i'm not sure about its size, not so portable as you might experct.

I'm very happy with Genelec 8010s. The 8010s don't go as low as the iLoud, and setting the low cut to 24dB/oct at 80hz is necessary for me when playing at a comfortable level. Also, I find the 8010s to sound alot more clean when you are seated in the sweet spot, while the iLoud is much more forgiving when it comes to the listening position.

I recently purchased the Bose Sound link Mini II.
It is a stereo speaker. It has a TRS aux input.
Unfortunately there is latency with the unit.
So every note you play there is a slight delay, this is with using a cable, not bluetooth or wirelessly.

The size and sound are nice, but I hate the delay.

Yes, one vote for the iLouds. I have been using them for awhile now. They work great with an FM3, it's a great portable package for travel.

I Love my Fostex 6301B! Massive Aluminium enclousure, TS+XLR Input and fixed Power Cable! Sounds very powerful for it's small size!
No longer available, but there is a successor, the 6301N... is available in 4 different connection versions! (also with digi Ins!)

That’s a modeler. Not looking for that.
It has a trs/aux in, so you dont need to use the modelling part. It does get good reviews for having good/relatively flat speakers. Still, ofc. you're also paying for the modelling, so maybe something cheaper does exist with the same quality.

Not intended to convince, just to give more info.

Don't overlook something as simple as a Roland Micro Cube. Small, functional, inexpensive. They have onboard modeling, but you can go direct as well.
It has a trs/aux in, so you dont need to use the modelling part. It does get good reviews for having good/relatively flat speakers. Still, ofc. you're also paying for the modelling, so maybe something cheaper does exist with the same quality.

Not intended to convince, just to give more info.
Exactly. Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it. I've always found them intriguing, just haven't had a use yet.

Don't overlook something as simple as a Roland Micro Cube. Small, functional, inexpensive. They have onboard modeling, but you can go direct as well.

Exactly. Just because it's there doesn't mean you have to use it. I've always found them intriguing, just haven't had a use yet.
I have the original one and it works great. Also runs on batteries and has that aux input thing as mentioned-bypassing all modeling. Makes a nice little practice amp also. Comes with AC adapter.

Does it need to be stereo?

Back
Top Bottom