Travel speaker for FM3?

It’s going to take electrical power at a bonfire to run the modeler, which tends to rule out “impromptu” gatherings. I’d use a mini or travel acoustic guitar. I wouldn’t let any of my electrics near a bonfire.
I was thinking of using a lithium power bank or just running extension chord.

Odds are good they wouldn’t be in sync because of latency induced by the Bluetooth.
It wouldn't matter if it was just the bluetooth that lagged, as long as the AUX isn't lagging that's fine.

It sounds to my like you just described the Blackstar Fly 3 Bluetooth. It has aux-in, bluetooth, and and also a basic clean and dirty channel with also some delay. I had one for a while, and sometimes used it standalone, and other times used my FM3 plugged-in through the aux port.
So the Blackstar Fly 3 Bluetooth can output bluetooth audio from a phone and AUX audio of the guitar at the same time? This seems like a decent option if so.

I think you can find what you want using a bluetooth portable speaker (using a cable, not the bluetooth to avoid the latency). There are videos on youtube about this and for a hotel room / practice situation / travel gig I think its an great idea (it's small, it works with battery, you can use it for other things like listening to music)

I think you can find what you want using a bluetooth portable speaker (using a cable, not the bluetooth to avoid the latency). There are videos on youtube about this and for a hotel room / practice situation / travel gig I think its an great idea (it's small, it works with battery, you can use it for other things like listening to music)

Sounds awesome what kind of speaker?

Interesting conversation! I’ve got a Bose Soundlink III that I use (normally BT) for background music at family events or when working outside, etc, and it has an AUX port. I connected it to my Axe Fx III headphone out after reading this thread and, surprisingly, it sounds pretty good! Not CLR loud, obviously, but definitely usable for travel and jamming with friends on like-sized systems. The speaker is flat so it’s easy to pack and plays on a charged battery for hours.

I can’t say how it compares to other options noted here, but I can’t beat the price of “already own it!” Nice to discover new uses.

Last edited:
Here you go this Bose is all you need in portable speakers for your FAS unit!

I bought one (no battery) about 3 years ago. It's the best small, but powerful enough monitor for small to medium volume out of many things I've tried.
The iLoud I posted above this wins for portability. Good sound through aux in, battery power and bluetooth, also loud for its size. It wasn't loud enough to be a personal monitor on stage with other instruments though.
The S1 pro was and the best sound quality in a small package. I like it enough that I ordered a second one for stereo monitoring a few days ago. Amazon had the non-battery version on sale for $399

I bought one (no battery) about 3 years ago. It's the best small, but powerful enough monitor for small to medium volume out of many things I've tried.
The iLoud I posted above this wins for portability. Good sound through aux in, battery power and bluetooth, also loud for its size. It wasn't loud enough to be a personal monitor on stage with other instruments though.
The S1 pro was and the best sound quality in a small package. I like it enough that I ordered a second one for stereo monitoring a few days ago. Amazon had the non-battery version on sale for $399
That's awesome, I appropriate your input, I've always loved my Bose gear, If I was looking for battery powered speakers I'd do the same, years ago i got a pair of the monster-clarity speakers from an employee that worked there, they listed for $700 but got them for half the cost, they sounded pretty good for back then, I still have them but usually use my HR.FRFR-112's these days.

Digging this one up... Anyone using a portable Bluetooth speaker for home playing?

The Harman Kardon Go sounds pretty good in this YT vid

Ok, but you specifically said "Bluetooth speaker"...
It’s a modern conundrum. Such speakers almost always include Bluetooth capability, because that’s almost universally how they’re used. So they’re called “Bluetooth speakers.” In our case, the trick is finding one with a wired connection, so you can play guitar through them without death-by-latency. :) You’ll just about never find anything like them that isn’t marketed as a Bluetooth speaker.

It’s a modern conundrum. Such speakers almost always include Bluetooth capability, because that’s almost universally how they’re used. So they’re called “Bluetooth speakers.” In our case, the trick is finding one with a wired connection, so you can play guitar through them without death-by-latency. :) You’ll just about never find anything like them that isn’t marketed as a Bluetooth speaker.
Like "USB printer cables" :)

Back
Top Bottom