Travel speaker for FM3?

Yes, regular mini-jack. It's stereo but with such a small speaker, you won't hear stereo separation.

No latency when using that port, but you may have to reset the device first (simple) after it has been connected through Bluetooth.

On my end, I bought the Blackstar Fly 3 Bluetooth. I can run my FM3 into the aux in jack, or play it like an amp. It also has the ability for stereo with an extension cabinet, but I didn’t buy that. It has no latency through the aux in port.

whoever has this .... out1 xlr sounds somehow embellished for the worse. I like out2 jack output more.. global equalizers are all zeros here and there

FM3, these, and the looper function, make for good times in the hotel or shared airbnb. I travel a ton, have tried a few setups, this one wins if its actual speakers and mobility. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...vKpk1liRz0Z9SvR-JQhoCJR0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
I just bought a set of those for my trip and I'm really impressed. They're lacking a little bit of low end compared to my actual rig, but they're shockingly loud for their size and have a pretty good sound. A little midrange heavy, but that's not a bad thing for guitar and easy to dial out if it bothers me enough. They're also tiny! I got the travel bag for them and it's roughly the size of my FM3 all packed up.

Revisiting this thread and was thinking it would be really cool if Fractal developed their own bluetooth mini speaker for our fractal products. I’m a gizmos and gadgets type of lad, so I bought the Mooer GTRS basically as a practice/backup live rig since it can go direct with everything you need. For lessons, I bring that guitar and the little 5W speaker you see in this link.

Amazon product ASIN B09XQY4N64
I bought the speaker more so for convenience, but for the cheap price it was, it sounds decent. The cool thing is it doesn’t need to be plugged into anything and can connect to my phone or tablet via Bluetooth to play videos or music. Then I connect my GTRS guitar to the speaker via wireless unit. I would trust Cliff and fractal team would be able to develop a mini Bluetooth speaker like this but make it sound better.

probably unlikely imo, fas is dedicated to just their modeling is my guess, but if they did I'm sure it would be the best unit on the market and I'd defiantly be on the waiting list!
I figured. But I do think it would be cool and would probably be bought by a lot of ppl. I think the kicker would be that they could probably make it sound pretty good for a small speaker as opposed to just having to settle for some other Bluetooth speaker

I figured. But I do think it would be cool and would probably be bought by a lot of ppl. I think the kicker would be that they could probably make it sound pretty good for a small speaker as opposed to just having to settle for some other Bluetooth speaker
So Bose makes this speaker SoundLink Mini II Special Edition I got mine at Costco when it came out I still use it from time to time it sounds good, but it looks like they have a newer model that cost around $400 I'm guessing that's probably way way better than the one I have, but at that price point might as well get a pair of monitors and call it a day.

So Bose makes this speaker SoundLink Mini II Special Edition I got mine at Costco when it came out I still use it from time to time it sounds good, but it looks like they have a newer model that cost around $400 I'm guessing that's probably way way better than the one I have, but at that price point might as well get a pair of monitors and call it a day.
Thing is there’s no way for the fractal to connect to the Bose speaker via Bluetooth like the GTRS connects to the speaker I linked. It’s just a really cool little thing they have going on but I know it’s not really necessary. My main idea is that fractal could probably develop a mini speaker that actually sounds pretty darn good

I am not seeing a valid solution out there yet for impromptu jam sessions or bonfires with minimal rigging.

I want to play backing tracks via bluetooth on my phone... while also hearing the guitar through AUX with no latency. Something like the JBL Flip Essential that can play AUX and bluetooth at the same time would be the perfect solution.

Last edited:
Thing is there’s no way for the fractal to connect to the Bose speaker via Bluetooth like the GTRS connects to the speaker I linked. It’s just a really cool little thing they have going on but I know it’s not really necessary. My main idea is that fractal could probably develop a mini speaker that actually sounds pretty darn good
Besides a Bluetooth connection, the Bose accepts a 3.5mm mini plug connection, which could come from the headphone out of the modeler via an adapter.

I haven’t tried it, but it’s likely to reduce the latency that occurs because of the Bluetooth.

Last edited:
I am not seeing a valid solution out there yet for impromptu jam sessions or bonfires with minimal rigging.
It’s going to take electrical power at a bonfire to run the modeler, which tends to rule out “impromptu” gatherings. I’d use a mini or travel acoustic guitar. I wouldn’t let any of my electrics near a bonfire.
Something like the JBL Flip Essential that can play AUX and bluetooth at the same time would be the perfect solution.
Odds are good they wouldn’t be in sync because of latency induced by the Bluetooth.

Instead, I’d try feeding the headphone output from the phone or tablet or computer into the modeler through one of the In jacks, or connect through USB to the modeler. On an iPhone one of Apple’s camera adapters would supply a USB-A out from the phone or tablet, then run a USB-A to USB-B cable to the modeler.

Plug headphones or a powered speaker that has an Aux in into the headphone out of the modeler, then turn up the volume slowly.

Last edited:

I want to play backing tracks via bluetooth on my phone... while also hearing the guitar through AUX with no latency. Something like the JBL Flip Essential that can play AUX and bluetooth at the same time would be the perfect solution.
It sounds to my like you just described the Blackstar Fly 3 Bluetooth. It has aux-in, bluetooth, and and also a basic clean and dirty channel with also some delay. I had one for a while, and sometimes used it standalone, and other times used my FM3 plugged-in through the aux port.

The mooer GTRS is basically this. I would just need the guitar and little speaker and then my phone/tablet. Just charge everything beforehand. Even has a little four button footswitch. Not nearly as good sounding as fractal but that won’t matter much around a campfire lol.

Last time I went on vacation I just plugged the FM3 into the Aux in on an old Sony Alarm clock at the place we were staying. It actually sounded pretty decent. :)

-Aaron

Back
Top Bottom