Transmit tap tempo?

I'm wondering the same thing. Like you, I saw the note that it doesn't transmit MIDI clock and got discouraged.

MIDI clock is a master tempo. At this point in time, there is no way to control tempo on other devices straight from the AX8.

Understood, I know what MIDI clock is. I was just wondering if the physical tempo tap event is transmitted. Some units that don't transmit MIDI clock still will transmit the tap.

Interesting device, but read the fine print carefully. It doesn't say the AX8 will sync to it. Only the Axe-FX II and XL. The AX8 is listed as a device that can control the Tempode via MIDI PC message.

Karl, I can't make any promises, but having the TAP footswitch transmit a MIDI CC# to the MIDI OUT port of the unit sounds like something very reasonable to have listed on the AX8 Wishlist (and FX8).

Just out of curiosity, is there any technical limitation that prevents the AX8 from transmitting MIDI clock? I do see that specifically called out in the manual, so there must be a good reason.

MIDI Beat Clocks would presumably require a slice of time critical CPU in competitive environment.

Back
Top Bottom