Transforms a guitar into a bass.

That is interesting.

There is no preset that can do that, neither with the Axe-FXIII. You can just lower an octave and use a bass amp/cab, but it doesn't have the timbre nuances of a real bass.

I've always used V-GUitar for that. Lately Roland VG-99 and the BossGP-10 for that. I've just sold both, waiting for the new Boss SY-1000

I tried using the octaves on the pitch block but can't seem to get a decent sound on the lower strings. It's not sensitive enough past a certain point as you get lower on the scale. I finally broke down and bought myself a bass. Scored a really sweet Ibanez SR 1500 made in japan second hand for 250 bucks. It's a beast and really fills out my songs when I'm recording. I was pretty clumsy on it at first but I got used to it pretty fast with lots of practice. The pitch shifting in the Axe fx 2 doesn't sound too good to my ears and too unreliable for a live situation in my opinion. The Axe fX doesn't fall short in too many areas but this is one.

I use Digitech The Drop- pedal front of AX. Not as good as real bass obviously, but i think its good enough for my needs. It works great to simulate lower tunings, lot better than AX's pitch block.

Back
Top Bottom