Transformers Original Movie Soundtrack - two video covers

Cassidy

I done made two new videos, cover versions of the amazing soundtrack to the original Transformers 1986 movie, scored by Vince DiCola. I'm working on two more tracks at the moment. It's such cool music, works perfectly as a progressive metal thing.

I used the Axe for guitar and bass. Best sounds I've got so far. I used SeedOfTheDay's fantastic Dark Glass TM patches for the bass, SoloAWeek's Count of Tuscany TM lead patch (modified it a little), and my own rhythm patch using the VH4 amp model. The mix is better on the Megatron Must Be Stopped video, and it's the same rhythm patch on both, just with different guitars (1527 has a D-Activator in the bridge, the CT has its stock and much-maligned pickups in it, but they work ok in this guitar, I think).

Friggin sweet! I love that movie, and especially the score - I listen to it in my car all the time!

I've thought about doing an amalgamation of sorts of the different 'Unicron theme' pieces, or Escape. Also I reckon Attack On The Shuttle would lend itself well to some cool production ideas.

Awesome lead playing, I wish I could do that! And nice J-Custom! :)

Back
Top Bottom