Transfer Axe-Fx Ultra presets to Axe-Fx II

Selltowitz

Hey guys,

dont know whether I'm right here or not.
I couldn't find anything about this by using google or youtube:

I recently got an Axe FX II and have been using the Ultra for about 6 years now.
My question now is:
Is there a way to transfer my Ultra presets to the II?

I tried exporting .syx files from the Ultra via legacy axe edit (which is working with the Ultra) to my computer and then using latest axe edit and import the file to my Axe II.
Axe edit says following:
Unable to import file.
The selected file format is not supported.

I could remake all my patches, but I would be really happy, if there would be an easier way.

Thanks in advance for your help <3

There is not. The tone is so different anyway, the settings wouldn’t sound the same.

Thanks for the reply.
I kinda found something similar here:
/threads/migrating-patch-settings-from-ultra-to-mkii-xl.107564/#post-1287256

Guess I have to do it all manually!?

As a former Ultra owner, I can tell you that you'll just have to remake your presets from scratch but they're going to sound and feel so much better.

Don't get caught up on how you had things set in the Ultra because they won't translate well to the Axe FX II.

Last edited:
Guess I have to do it all manually!?

Honestly mate, it is for the better... Not sure how complex your signal chain routing is, but there is really minimal feature parity between the Ultra and II tech other than the amazing tone. Once you hit the Quantum FW, it is so easy to dial in a world class tone, you will be amazed.

With that said, if you need any assistance with a specific tone or routing the forum is super gracious in helping out. Is there something you're looking for right away that someone may be able to assist with? Cheers!

All the, the ll sounds so different responses are well and good but what if he's also talking about effects and chain setup? I have a great pink floyd Run like Hell patch that i have on my ultra by following a tutorial for the ll. All the delays and settings, signl paths, flangers etc in the video tranfered over really well. Yes the amps sound different but there is a ton of stuff that would still be worth porting.

This is one of the main hurdles for me updating to a newer fractal.

Honestly mate, it is for the better... Not sure how complex your signal chain routing is, but there is really minimal feature parity between the Ultra and II tech other than the amazing tone. Once you hit the Quantum FW, it is so easy to dial in a world class tone, you will be amazed.

With that said, if you need any assistance with a specific tone or routing the forum is super gracious in helping out. Is there something you're looking for right away that someone may be able to assist with? Cheers!

Yeah have some complex presets but anyway it's better to do it from the scratch, just to get familiar with the AxeII + new Edit.
Thanks for your help! :)

All the, the ll sounds so different responses are well and good but what if he's also talking about effects and chain setup? I have a great pink floyd Run like Hell patch that i have on my ultra by following a tutorial for the ll. All the delays and settings, signl paths, flangers etc in the video tranfered over really well. Yes the amps sound different but there is a ton of stuff that would still be worth porting.

This is one of the main hurdles for me updating to a newer fractal.

Everything fine now guys. Just did all the patches from zero this weekend :)
Thanks for your help! :)

All the, the ll sounds so different responses are well and good but what if he's also talking about effects and chain setup?..........This is one of the main hurdles for me updating to a newer fractal.
That's a good point,

My pain was finding an amp that felt right then cabs that sounded right. Effects were pretty easy but then again I don't use a lot though I still need to spend some time working on my wah settings.

Back
Top Bottom