….

Yeah. Any notation software like Sibelius, Dorico and Finale. And recorder that can slow down and keep the pitch like Amazing Slow Downer, and a good ear and knowledge of notation. Voila.

Does anyone know of a software which can take your live playing and convert it to either sheet music or tab? Presumably via a midi pickup I’d imagine.
Many of the popular DAWs have the ability to display midi as notation or tab. Playing a midi guitar would be best, but most DAWs have the ability to translate audio to midi. Also, there are online translators like anyconv. And of course, as mentioned above, all notation apps can display midi as notation or tab.

I don’t want to have to write it out, too time consuming.
Melodyne has a audio to midi converter. You could convert it to midi and then have any notation program translate it to notation. The problem is you'd have to play SUPER accurately. The timing will be 64th notes and rests. So you'd have to quantize it to 16th notes, or 8ths and wish for the best. In any event you'll have to proof read it. So your reading skills have got to be up to the task.

It needn’t be that precise. It’s to send to friend so when he comes to visit he has rough break down of how I play it.
It's virtually impossible to read something that is written in 32nd and 64th notes/rests, with nested triplets when it was really just supposed to be quarter ntoes and 8th notes.

None of the transcribing software works. Go over to Fiverr and hire someone for $50 to $100 to transcribe it for you. Lot's of young musicians looking to support themselves. I have always been happy with the folks I've used and feel like I'm helping support the community..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom