AFIII Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24

Spongy

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help as I got through some initial learning curves with my new AxeFx 3 (Mark 2). This is my first attempt at recording with it. The end is just an ad lib 'Joy To The World' by the way. This is easily one of my favorite guitar related purchases I have made in years (thank you Fractal)! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

It looks cold in your house!
Ha ha, good call! This is actually my ‘office room’ in our finished basement and we live in Wisconsin, so yes it is cold this time of year. I used to never use the room but I’m home now because of Covid...so naturally I converted the office into a ‘guitar room.’ I keep the basement cold because I honestly prefer to be cold than hot. I could easily turn on the basement heat but then I then I am sweating in all my videos... 😂

Last edited:
Great job! I usually see them every year for the last 16 years. This is the first year not seeing them. Now I want to learn a tune or two by them.

Ha ha, good call! This is actually my ‘office room’ in our finished basement and we live in Wisconsin, so yes it is cold this time of year. I used to never use the room but I’m home now because of Covid...so naturally I converted the office into a ‘guitar room.’ I keep the basement cold because I honestly prefer to be cold than hot. I could easily turn on the basement heat but then I then I am sweating in all my videos... 😂
Nicely done, great sound.

I have the same issue - we have an old stone farmhouse in Wisconsin, and the corner where my "office/studio" is located just gets cold in the winter.

Preset will be awesome!
Actually I just used some stock presets for this! The lead tone is the ‘Learning to Lead’ preset from the John Petrucci bank. This could be my favorite preset in the AxeFx 3. The rhythm crunch tone is the MarkIIC+ and the clean is the EJ Clean preset using the spilt coil tapped setting on the guitar. Hope that helps!

That wes great. where did you get the backing track?
The backing track is the actual song I converted to a wav file. What I did was try to pull out as much of the original guitars with some EQ without killing the mix. Then the actual song itself is at -2.5 db and my guitars are at almost +6 db to make them stand out. Honestly, it’s a pretty crappy mix but for this video the intent was to make my guitar really stand out in the mix. I don’t really know what I’m doing and just getting into recording so I just do whatever sounds best to my ears... 😉

Last edited:
The backing track it the actual song I converted to a wav file. What I did was try to pull out as much of the original guitars with some EQ without killing the mix. Then the actual song itself is at -2.5 db and my guitars are at almost +6 db to make them stand out. Honestly, it’s a pretty crappy mix but for this video the intent was to make my guitar really stand out in the mix. I don’t really know what I’m doing and just getting into recording so I just do whatever sounds best to my ears... 😉

Nice!

Worked out great. Thanks for the info.

Great cover and patch. @Spongy - would you mind sharing the patch?
Playing this at our Christmas Program but don't have much time to sit and program.

Back
Top Bottom