Trainwreck help needed - v.7 related

Wildwind

Experienced
Still feeling my way here and am hoping for some advice.

I fell in love big time with the Trainwreck model in v.6.02. I do love what v.7 brings to the table, but this particular amp model changed somehow and I've spent hours trying to "fix it".

I'll try to explain better - the earlier FW version yielded more of a singing or swelling tone with this amp - hard to describe - where it would take a note and seem to grab it. It inspired me to play longer, more legato lines, and it was just a gorgeous solo tone. No matter what I do to the new version, I can't get that tone back. It still sounds very good, but lacks something.

I did try the Compression control - helped but didn't fix. I've messed with gain structures, etc. I tried the FAS version. Still not there. I have little command of the numerous amp parameters, and suspect the "magic" lays there. But I have no idea where to start.

Sorry I can't describe the tone better - hopefully it will make sense.

Anything I should try?

Yes, quite a bit, did more today. And I'm a bit closer. Where do you recommend setting it? And can you describe how that affects things? I sort of understand it. If anything, I think I'm looking for a spongier tone, not sure if that helps.

only you can decide what is good... but what I do is... go to the extremes of the settings for a parameter... and then come back toward "normal".

I like to hear the drastic effect first... then back off.

I do the same with analog gear too. It's just the way I work.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom