AFIII "Train of Consequences" by Megadeth solo cover

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
@shatteredsquare had asked me on another thread if I would take a request and cover this solo, so I learned it tonight(sort of) and did a quick recording. I used my Axe-Fx III and this incredible orange Charvel Pro-Mod DK24(I put a Duncan distortion in the neck) direct to Logic with no post processing. The solo patch was a slightly modified version of @ProgressiveRocco 80s Modded Marshall patch. Rhythm guitars were the same patch I posted on the Holy Wars and Hangar 18 Threads and I'll attach that here, I used Scene 2 for the rhythm tracks.

Attachments

• Hangar 18 Rhythm.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Slamming tone and chops. That Charvel is gorgeous too - roasted maple?
Thanks Leon, appreciate the kind words! Love this Charvel, got it last month thanks to my amazing gf. Yep roasted maple, I just changed out the neck pickup and put in a Duncan Distortion.

Great Job! the mighty Marty Friedman ... none of his successors could ever touch his level at Megadeth, IMHO
He's incredible, my favorite Megadeth era is with Marty! That being said, in my opinion Kiko is the most insanely talented player they've had in the band, nobody can touch his technical mastery of basically everything. But Rust in Peace and Countdown are my 2 favorite Megadeth albums by far!

Great job! Is that one of the new Charvel DK24's?
Thank you! Yeah it’s a really cool guitar for the price! I put thicker strings, a tremol-no and a Duncan distortion pickup(neck) on it, but it plays incredible right off the shelf

Back
Top Bottom