Trailertrash Pedalboard Arrived Today

Frank L.

... and my initial impressions are, this is a solid piece of gear!

I order the FX8 specific pedalboard from trailertrash after talking with Peter on the phone. The conversation was very informative, and he went above an beyond to explain all the details of this board.

For those of you who do not know, this board is made specifically to mount the FX8, and 2 EV-1s on it. It has predrilled holes in it, that allow you to screw down the FX8 and expression pedals to the board, for a super-secure setup. The hole patterns allow for any configuration you want. 2 EV1's on either side, with the FX8 on the other, or 1 EV 1 on each side and the FX8 in the middle. The holes are half drilled, and they will drill them completely out for you to match whatever configuration you choose. I opted to have the holes only half-drilled on the back, because I was not sure on the configuration I wanted. It also comes with screws/washers/hardware to mount the FX8 to the board. Its a completely turn-key solution for securing your FX8. The board can be removed from the case, or can be left in if you choose to treat it as such.

Overall, I'm impressed with the build quality. It seems to be made of pretty touch material, and I'm fairly certain it will do well to protect my investment on a plane, train, or country dirt road.

The cost was acceptable. For a quality built case I would have expected to spend a bit more, so thats a good thing. It certainly wasn't the cheapest option out there for a live-in case, but you get what you pay for.

There doesnt appear to be many people using these (or they're keeping it a secret!), so information on the net was pretty sparse, hence why I decided to make this post.

My only complaint with this board is the lack of additional space. But after talking with Peter, he explained to me that they wanted to make it as small as possible, and still fit the FX8 + 2 EV1's. That makes sense, just means I have to get creative when trying attach my pedalboard snake to it.

If you're in the market for a good board for the FX8, this is the way to go, as long as you do not need a lot of extra room.

Apologies that I do not have "mounted" pictures yet. I'll reply sometime later this week and update. My FX8 will not be here till tomorrow.

Enjoy!

K8bY1bf.jpg

IeggVaC.jpg

EIEmvYN.jpg

exsNJhp.jpg

Hi Frank,

one short question about how to mount the FX8 onto the board. Have you drill the screws into the FX8 to mount it on the board or is this special board created to do it on a other way?

Hi Frank,

one short question about how to mount the FX8 onto the board. Have you drill the screws into the FX8 to mount it on the board or is this special board created to do it on a other way?

The board has all the holes marked. They will drill them out for you if you choose. I wasn't sure on my configuration yet so I had them leave them alone. They give you washers and some longer screws, that will replace the ones that connect the feet to the FX8 and the EV1. The screws are inserted from the bottom of the board, and connect into the bottom of the FX8/EV1.

You do not have to drill INTO the FX8 at all, this system uses the pre-existing holes.

The only thing special about this board vs. the other "flattrash" boards from trailertrash, is the size (its specially made to JUST fit the FX8 with 2 EV'1s, hardly any space left), and the CNC machined pilot holes that allow you to screw the FX8 down to the board.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Frank for your detailled answer.. this helps a lot. I think the Board is regarding the size also so, that all cables which comes out from the FX8 can be left on their places?... I come from Germany, could be difficult about the shipping because of the size togehter with the ATA case.

The inside measutements on the case are 15.5" (39.4cm). To the edge of the board that sits in the case, its 14.5" (36.8cm). Given the depth of the FX8 is about 10" (25.4cm), that should leave a fair amount of room to leave cabling in place.

Regarding the shipping. They charge only actual shipping costs. So best bet is to either contact them or check fedex.com for a shipping rate. The shipped weight was 21.5 lbs (9.75 kgs) and the dimensions were 30x17x9 in. (76.2x43.2x22.9 cm)

EDIT: They ship from Arvada, Colorado

Looks great! I think I want one!
When you go to pack up and travel, are you going to wrap that cable snake and put it on top of the fx8 within the case? Is there room for that? Or unplug it all and color code it for quick plug in- transporting the cable snake in a different bag?

Thanks!

Looks great! I think I want one!
When you go to pack up and travel, are you going to wrap that cable snake and put it on top of the fx8 within the case? Is there room for that? Or unplug it all and color code it for quick plug in- transporting the cable snake in a different bag?

Thanks!

Thanks!

The snake is attached to the board. There's enough room in the case to coil the snake (its 30ft long and 1/2" diameter) and power cable on top of the FX8 and close up the lid.

Back
Top Bottom