Trade In

Is this a serious question? Why would anyone think that would be an option? Just sell your old and get a new like you would other products.

Who would buy a used Std or Ultra after hearing the news of the AxeFx 2?

I would. I need backup unit and I'll get rid of my tube amp. Its in backup status now. Plus as cool as the II is I really don't need all the extra features. Do, I want them. Sure, but I don't need them.

Lots a people would buy an Ultra! It's still an awesome unit even with the AXE FX II being released. I'm keeping mine...probably for a long while.

Indeed, and as the Standard and Ultra are no more once current shipping units are sold - and the price of the AFX2 is what it is, I think the used prices will remain fairly good. it will take a small hit of course, and initially a big one (as everyone tries to unload), but once thats over?

think about it - $2300 for an Axe2 - no other new option, used Ultra for say $1600 and Used Standard around $1200 are still bargins - if you want access to the best modellers around :)

The Standard is now effectively the Axe-LITE; there will definitely be people who want something better than an 11 Rack or POD HD or whatever but don't want to shell out for a II (or even an Ultra).

It's funny, people complain that the Axe is too expensive, until the new one comes out and the prices drop, and then they complain that their investment has lost value and no one will buy it anymore. People complain that they're waiting too long to get their Axe, and then the new one comes out and other people complain that they wish they'd waited longer. The only constant is that people complain.

TBH, I think it would probably be suicide from a business perspective for Fractal to do a trade-in unless the original had been designed in such a way that it could be expanded into a II (hint: it's not).

Really, this is the way technology works, kids.

If you are committed to staying on the bleeding edge at any cost and cannot tolerate having the flagship unit, the only option is to sell your existing unit used as soon as you can for as much as you can get, and eat any loss; then get in the waiting line for a II.

Back
Top Bottom