Track Delay Loopback Test via Logic X and Apollo Quad Firewire

mwd

Power User
So I wanted to test my system regarding track delay and followed a test on youtube using I/O ping with In/Out physically cabled. First I could not get the In/Out sorted out in Logic to produce any results until I took Mon 1 out to Input 8.

I got a result of +77 sam when I pinged. I got the same result at 44.1 and 48 and at all I/O buffer settings.

Then I bridged the S/PDIF in/out and got a reading of -23 sam at 44.1 and 48 and at all I/O buffer settings.

This was a new project, no plugs, console no plugs and off. A few questions for those more skilled.

Does the test I performed sound legit? I was surprised that all settings and both sample rates produced the same results. To the point of not trusting my results.

Also wouldn’t it stand to reason that 2 people using Logic X and Apollo Quad Firewire on a new project would get the same results? Is there anyone out there that has tested this with the same setup?

Were there any other steps such as turning this or that off that I should have performed to get a more accurate test?

I would love to know more about this subject. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom