Tough Week

That's Blue Ghost. Very smooth. Nothing like the lesser JWs. Red is gross. Black is okay. The rest are excellent.

A friend gave me a bottle of some rare single malt Scotch. I took one sip and I swear it burned a hole in my duodenum.
Black was my go to for years in bars. Red wasn’t to my taste. Blue is smooth. Typically we do Makers cause it is always in stock when I’m playing.

As far as rye, High Plains, out of Utah, makes a Double Rye that makes me swoon.

Otherwise I’m a gin guy and prefer making my own, or taking tiny sips of good mescals with sangrita so it lasts for an hour.

Sip and enjoy.

Black was my go to for years in bars. Red wasn’t to my taste. Blue is smooth. Typically we do Makers cause it is always in stock when I’m playing.

As far as rye, High Plains, out of Utah, makes a Double Rye that makes me swoon.

Otherwise I’m a gin guy and prefer making my own, or taking tiny sips of good mescals with sangrita so it lasts for an hour.

Sip and enjoy.
Something about Makers seems to keep the hangover minimal for me.

This stuff too and it’s really good. I was skeptical of it at first at give it a try.

Attachments

• 5D09A142-E44C-49DE-8D72-4668DF5AD6DB.jpeg
    5D09A142-E44C-49DE-8D72-4668DF5AD6DB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Islay, ftw.

Still a Laphroaig fan, but Ardbeg Wee Beastie is great for a 5 year. Their Uigeadail is just ridiculously good. Smooth and smoky. Found some Port Charlotte too, which was a surprise.

If you ever get a chance to go to a JW tasting party don’t miss it.

I’ve been to 2 of them in Denver. Black tie event. Had a placemat with a shot of every product they make along with a host that explained how each were made.

Fun and educational. Gained some respect for blended whiskey.

Still a Lagavulin man though!

I go for Blanton’s after a really tough week or a really great week… it seems right for both occasions.

For Scotch, it’s Lagavulin 16 year. I like that it tastes like a campfire.

Honorable mentions:
Company Distilling
Kentucky Vintage (cheaper Willett)
Michter’s Rye
Woodford Reserve - the “Starbucks” of bourbons because it’s good, consistent, and you can get it anywhere.

I spent some time in the Asia Pacific, and spent more time on that rock called Okinawa. I can’t look at a bottle of Suntory without this song running through my head…(sung to John Denver’s Country Roads)…

Almost Heaven, Okinawa
Suntory whiskey
Short time $15

Back
Top Bottom