Tough Week

No carbs in scotch. In most spirits really.
I’m sorry I’m gonna have to award you with a

Confused Bbc GIF by The QI Elves

It’s your bourbon. There’s no shame in enjoying it however you want! Sometimes I’ll go for a bourbon and root beer. It’s delicious. However, I make a great Old Fashioned and sometimes make ginger simple syrup for a spicy little treat. ;)
Love a great Old Fashioned, from a drier one with Bulleit Rye & pecan bitters, to a super sweet fruity one with Jim Beam, dual marischino cherries and a big slice of blood orange from our tree. Would love to hear about your Nashville version.

And gotta try the bourbon & root beer, just not with WhistlePig.

Ahhhh I've not tried that particular scotch.

Am pumped for a scotch tasting night on Feb. 18th. Haven't been to one in years since Covid shut all of that down. Am looking forward to trying some new, very pricey, offerings.

My preferred go-to fine scotch is Macallan 18 year...very smooth and just simply wonderful.

Black was my go to for years in bars. Red wasn’t to my taste. Blue is smooth. Typically we do Makers cause it is always in stock when I’m playing.

As far as rye, High Plains, out of Utah, makes a Double Rye that makes me swoon.

Otherwise I’m a gin guy and prefer making my own, or taking tiny sips of good mescals with sangrita so it lasts for an hour.

Sip and enjoy.

Big fan of that High Plains Double Rye too

Worked my tail off so....

View attachment 115546
I've been drinking a single glass of similar size scotch and water for a couple years now before bed. As long as you don't go beyond that amount it's supposed to have great health benefits. There's a few people I know that have/had a crystal clear mind well into their 80's, 90's and a couple over 100. They gave a lot of credit to the whiskey.

Big fan of that High Plains Double Rye too
It makes a killer Manhattan.

I make my own version of Marasca cherries from Costco’s dried sour cherries and a couple cinnamon sticks, a single star anise, a couple cloves, and simple syrup, and let it simmer for about an hour then add an equal amount of two good rums, then let it sit for a couple weeks in the fridge. A couple of those cherries and a tablespoon of the juice in the bottom of a coupe glass full of Manhattan is delicious. Friends come over and specifically ask for them.

Ahhhh I've not tried that particular scotch.

Am pumped for a scotch tasting night on Feb. 18th. Haven't been to one in years since Covid shut all of that down. Am looking forward to trying some new, very pricey, offerings.

My preferred go-to fine scotch is Macallan 18 year...very smooth and just simply wonderful.

Glenlivet and Glenmorangie are also nice.
20230204_110844.jpg
This stuff is pretty good, too....

I've been drinking a single glass of similar size scotch and water for a couple years now before bed. As long as you don't go beyond that amount it's supposed to have great health benefits. There's a few people I know that have/had a crystal clear mind well into their 80's, 90's and a couple over 100. They gave a lot of credit to the whiskey.
A wee dram before bed. Has worked for hundreds of years.

It makes a killer Manhattan.

I make my own version of Marasca cherries from Costco’s dried sour cherries and a couple cinnamon sticks, a single star anise, a couple cloves, and simple syrup, and let it simmer for about an hour then add an equal amount of two good rums, then let it sit for a couple weeks in the fridge. A couple of those cherries and a tablespoon of the juice in the bottom of a coupe glass full of Manhattan is delicious. Friends come over and specifically ask for them.
Sounds amazing!

Back
Top Bottom