TouchOSC Android Controller

jowala

Yes, it works.

I'm using TouchOSC on a Nexus 7 Tablet (the older version). Here's what I did to get it working:

1. Axe-FX plugged in to PC via USB
2. TouchOSC installed on tablet
3. Tablet connected to same network as PC over Wifi
4. TouchOSC bridge, TouchOSC editor, and Bome's Midi Translator Classic installed on PC
5. On tablet, configure OSC and MIDI Bridge to your PCs IP address
6. In Bome's, configure TouchOSC for Midi In and "Axe-Fx II Midi Out" for Midi out
7. I created a custom layout and used the TouchOSC "load from editor" functionality to load it onto the tablet.

As an example, I've provided a link my layout, which is performance focused. I've changed the default Midi channels for most functions, so you'll either need to tweak the layout to match your own settings, or change the Axe-Fx to match.

Layout:
axecontrol-n7.touchosc

You know I kind of thought about trying to do something like this, but I suck at OSC layouts (just not enough time to learn it yet). But I did buy TouchOSC a few months ago and what little I've been able to do with it with Reaper has been really exciting.

I've also got Bome's laying around here somehwere. I used to use it every day. I just haven't had a need for it for so long now, but it's one of those really cool tools and the post card thing was kind of a neat way to register it.

Back
Top Bottom