AFIII Toto - "Hold the Line" - Steve Lukather guitar solo cover

That solo was awesome! The only thing I'm hearing is maybe not so much neck pickup. Maybe try using the middle position, and dial in more bite from the bridge PU...? Too bad you can't just re-amp the whole thing using different PU combinations!

Hi guys,

I hope you are all good. I had to learn the solo recently as my band decided to cover it. One of my favourite solo's that's for sure!

I'm just checking to see if I've got the harmony section programmed correctly in the pitch block. Do you guys do the same? Or do you use a custom scale?

Dual Diatonic - Key Gb, Harmony -3 level 1 - 100%, Level - 2 0% and scale is Aeolian Minor. Mix is around 25%.

Many thanks
Paul

Last edited:
I'm just checking to see if I've got the harmony section programmed correctly in the pitch block. Do you guys do the same? Or do you use a custom scale?

Dual Diatonic - Key Gb, Harmony -3 level 1 - 100%, Level - 2 0% and scale is Aeolian Minor. Mix is around 25%.
That will work for the top two lines. There's a third part below those that would require slightly more setup work to match the original 100%.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/hold-the-line-toto-harmonizer-settings.118426/post-1410713

Back
Top Bottom