Totally confused!!! I/O settings for DAW

GuttaLaser

Power User
Hi ppl... need the I/O page settings (and other settings if necessary) for the easyest thing on Heart:
recording a guitar track while listening a backing track!!! Going CRAZY!!! No audio input... no audio output!!!
First of all: The correct AXE FX ASIO driver il correctly selected in the DAW (i'm well experienced about that!)
Second: Axe analog outs 1 are correctly connected (xlr) to my monitoring system
The Magic Black Box is connected (and it works) via USB to my DAW (Cubase/Nuendo) and I want it working as my audio interface!
But there is something wrong... coz
no audio out from DAW (can't ear nothing playing an imported into the DAW backing track; and the "virtual" VU meter don't move at all)
no guitar audio is recorded into the selected track

So I need to start from scratch... please need help!!! Talk to me... like i'm 10y.o.!!! :eek-new:

If the virtual VU meter in your DAW isn't working even with the imported backing track, then the problem is within the DAW rather than a driver issue. Which version of Cubase are you using?

Think the prob is with the "Axe as usb audio interface" setting... and i'm pretty sure that i'm doing somethin wrong!
but... dunno what!!!
So i need a step-by-step help starting from scratch
Axe I/O settings
DAW settings

Ok... driver prob solved (I was on 16.7 and now upgraded to 16.8 )
Now the last part of the prob: How must I set the I/O Audio page?
If I set the Input 1 to "Left only" I can ear the backing track good... bus if I set to "USB" the backing track is processed by the Axe amp+cab+effect chain and became distorted and affected like only the guitar signal should be!
To be more precise what I want now is:
play the backing track while recording a guitar track and monitoring - while playing - the whole mix through the DAW using the Axe as the main audio interface of the daw
TNX

Back
Top Bottom